Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 04:47 AM

Good Morning Sunday.

Hi

Very early, not insomnia, just the storm.

We have a break in the wind, but it is still hammering down.

My house is on a low point in the road and is 2 foot below street level.

The road gullies cannot cope, so water flowing down my drive

I am fortunate in that I have pumps so they are coping at the moment, taking it away, down the side passage and onto the back garden, which slopes downhill.

I hope you are all Ok and have a safe day.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 06:28 AM

Re: Good Morning Sunday.

Morning Swimmy et al, a wild storm overnight here too and the kitchen walls are running with water from our damaged roof, but no doubt there are people much worse off than us this morning!

No plans other than trying to dry out the kitchen when the rain stops and making some soup for lunch.

Have the bext day you can folks.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 06:44 AM

Morning Swimmy and Barry

I'm not a morning person and usually snoring my head off at this time but Dennis woke me up with him breaking very noisy wind! Not looked out yet and going to see if I can nod off again.

My best friends 62nd birthday today so I'm spending the afternoon with her and her family at her daughter house.

Can't believe it's Sunday already, what happened to Saturday?

Enjoy your day all whatever you may be doing.

X
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 06:51 AM

making egg roll wrappers by hand this morning. Later I will do up a nice batch of egg rolls and a luscious sweet/sour dipping sauce.
happy Sunday to all.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 08:28 AM

Good morning everyone, stay safe and well. God bless.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 08:45 AM

Good Morning everyone.

Dennis is still bawling threats through doors and windows - and wreaking havoc everywhere at once. Lots of fences down but - so far - not too much real structural damage. I hope he realises he has now outstayed his welcome and clears off.

College work to do today. Although I have finished the course - the tutor wants me to revisit a couple of questions and add more information. That means I'll have to wake the brain up at some point!

Have a safe day.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 10:03 AM

Good morning everybody.

Tony & I will be going out later. I need to find a leisure centre at a town I'm not very familiar with. They have a 'sensory' pool and I want to take Josh there while he's staying with me.

I've got him & Taylor Monday & Tuesday while Ady & Paula have a mini break in York with their friends.

Rain's stopped so we might have a walk round the town while we're there.

Have a good day all.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 10:16 AM

Good morning from ‘out in the rural sticks’ to you all!

Wet and windy here. After a stormy night with heavy rain, clearer conditions will follow for the evening is the forecast. Maximum temperature 9ºC.

No plans for today, other than keeping dry and warm. I hope everybody else manages the same!

Enjoy your day everybody, whatever you may be doing.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 10:19 AM

Good morning everyone still raining here.
I have been out for a walk with a reluctant Chloe, there is a strip of high ground in the field to walk on the rest is lakes as far as the eye can see.

Water continued to drip through the kitchen ceiling along the junction with the flat roof during the night but looking at the plight of others with flooded houses I am not complaining Strategically placed buckets caught the worst of it.

Not a lot planned, I might make some bread. My favourite wholemeal pasta with spinach and mushrooms for lunch.

Enjoy your day.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 10:26 AM

Morning all

Hope everyone dries out soon after storm Dennis.

We have been lucky in my part of Yorkshire ... I was a bit concerned when the Army arrived with sand bags in Ilkley and the Travelling Wilburys show was cancelled at the Kings Hall and it was designated an Evacuation Centre..... but actually it never really happened..... thankfully

Its my sons birthday today.... he is off for an overnight stay in a posh spa hotel which is great because it means I have my little Grandson All is well with the world

Have a good day all..... whatever is planned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top