Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 12:47 PM

Are we really Overpopulated?

Have a look at this and tell me what you think...
It's a bit wobbly at the start but try and stay with it...

edwina
New Member!
lancs uk
edwina is female 

16-02-2020, 01:33 PM

Re: Are we really Overpopulated?

Just a black screen.Is that the answer?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 01:44 PM

Everyone's gone to the Moon
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 01:59 PM

I think our planet will get rid of us naturally, she will shake us or drown us or collapse us to cleanse herself . Definitely too many people taking and taking from her .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I think our planet will get rid of us naturally, she will shake us or drown us or collapse us to cleanse herself . Definitely too many people taking and taking from her .

That is how I think too, Susan.
The planet and nature will sort it eventually.

I used to have an idea that if we 'created' a new species of something, and after making sure they were self sufficient, we stepped back, left them to their own devices and just kept an eye on them from a distance to see how our invention worked out.

They did extremely well. They had clever brains and were survivors.
However, once they worked out how to reproduce themselves, over time things began getting out of hand.

Food and water slowly become either polluted or scarce, and many of the males they started fighting for supremecy between themselves. We saw how they became more and more greedy and wanted to own more than their share.

Now if we didn't care about them anymore, we might just leave them to get on with it, let nature takes it's course. But if we did care, we would eventually have to step in and do something.

The first sensible thing to do would be to 'thin them out.'

We might make food and sustenance in shorter supply.
We could pollute their drinking water.
We could let the natural world help out with earthquakes, floods, and fires.
We could press a button and detonate dormant volcanoes.
Or if that was still not enough, perhaps we would send in new diseases to trouble them.

But they were more inventive that we thought, and they still managed to keep breeding . . . perhaps we need more water pollution to curb male fertility.

Eventually, we might be forced into considering a major wipe out - everything must go. Then we could rest the planet for thousands of years to cleanse and repair, and one day in the distant future, perhaps start again - who knows.

OK, so you think I'm bonkers, but I don't care.

Maybe other planets which our scientists say could not possibly support any life, are going through their cleansing period too?
Maybe they are 'dormant' for a reason, and we will take our turn to do the same if we continue wrecking what we were given.

People lost all respect for nature and humans became ultra greedy. It is taught from parent to child, each generation become more greedy then the previous one.

All these things are really happening and it's for a reason . . .

* (The men in white coats are coming . . . so humour me for just a little longer).
JAK
New Member!
London uk
JAK is female 

16-02-2020, 03:38 PM

There were three people in out street that had a car when I was a child, we used to play in the road and only had to get out of the way for a car now and then, imagine kids playing in the road now, they would be pancakes in seconds, even on a nice day for a walk the park is so crowded, so I do think there are too many of us, what the solution is I don’t know lol.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 04:36 PM

Can everyone see the clip?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 04:45 PM

Yep but, having listened to the 1st min or so, I think I'll pass on the rest of it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

16-02-2020, 04:46 PM

Sorry folks try this one.....

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

16-02-2020, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Yep but, having listened to the 1st min or so, I think I'll pass on the rest of it.
Please Percy, give it ten minutes....They make some very good points...The New York Times have actually admitted that their article about overpopulation was wrong, and have printed a sort of apology.....I mean, if anyone should believe the media like most people do, they should take notice of the New York Times....I know the voices get up you're nose, they do mine, but listen to the message....

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top