Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 06:40 PM

I’m tempted

Went to the ford garage today just to have a look at the new puma, more out of curiosity to see if mrs p could get comfortable enough behind the wheel ( she’s petite) , well she can, and we’ve arranged a test drive for next weekend, we can even take it home to see if it will fit in our garage, if it drives as good as it looks then ...ooo I don’t know...I might order one..
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 06:55 PM

Re: I’m tempted

It's an SUV - a planet-killer .....
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
It's an SUV - a planet-killer .....
No different to a fiesta/focus, it has the same engine
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 07:49 PM

A far cry from the original Puma which was popular for about ten minutes. Looks like a nice car Primus. let us know if you get it or not.

Primus1
York

16-02-2020, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
A far cry from the original Puma which was popular for about ten minutes. Looks like a nice car Primus. let us know if you get it or not.

Yes LD, was never a fan of the original, but this one is really nice, will have to see how the test drive goes
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Yes LD, was never a fan of the original, but this one is really nice, will have to see how the test drive goes
Funnily enough, there is one of the originals on our dog walk route and it does look very odd, like a fly I suppose.

What are you looking at, petrol or diesel (dare I say electric)
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
No different to a fiesta/focus, it has the same engine
SUVs second biggest cause of emissions rise, figures reveal

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...figures-reveal

Growing demand for SUVs was the second largest contributor to the increase in global CO2 emissions from 2010 to 2018, an analysis has found.

In that period, SUVs doubled their global market share from 17% to 39% and their annual emissions rose to more than 700 megatonnes of CO2, more than the yearly total emissions of the UK and the Netherlands combined.

No energy sector except power drove a larger increase in carbon emissions, putting SUVs ahead of heavy industry (including iron, steel, cement and aluminium), aviation and shipping.

“We were quite surprised by this result ourselves,” said Laura Cozzi, the chief energy modeller of the International Energy Agency, which produced the report.

The recent dramatic shift towards heavier SUVs has offset both efficiency improvements in smaller cars and carbon savings from electric vehicles.

As the global fleet of SUVs has grown, emissions from the vehicles have increased more than fourfold in eight years. If SUV drivers were a nation, they would rank seventh in the world for carbon emissions.

“An SUV is bigger, it’s heavier, the aerodynamics are poor, so as a result you get more CO2,” said Florent Grelier from the campaign group Transport & Environment.

T&E figures show the average mass of new cars rose 10% between 2000 and 2016, which the group suggested could be down to a trend towards SUVs, heavier automatic and dual-clutch gearboxes and the inclusion of other equipment including cameras and sensors.
Your Puma may be at the bottom end of SUVs but SUV owners almost always buy a bigger and heavier one next time .....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 09:10 PM

Get a nissan qashqai you won't be disappointed, I love my xtrail
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 09:13 PM

There was a beautiful grey Puma in the showroom while I did paperwork to bring my Juke home. Sis showed an interest in it...till I read the price tag and asked if she had a spare 25 grand!!
Primus1
York

16-02-2020, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
SUVs second biggest cause of emissions rise, figures reveal

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...figures-reveal

Your Puma may be at the bottom end of SUVs but SUV owners almost always buy a bigger and heavier one next time .....
No not us my wife is small in stature, and has to be comfortable when driving, so we had to try the puma to see if she would fit, so to speak, as for pollution, most older cars emit more pollution than their modern equivalent, that’s why most cities are thinking about banning non eu6 compliant vehicles

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top