Join for free
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 11:56 PM

Parasite

Just been to see this movie today, that won the Oscar for best picture, among a few others. It's a subtitled Korean film, about a family who con their way into an upper class family. I must say I had mixed feelings about this one. On the one hand it is an interesting story of South Korean culture, but I found it a tad melodramatic, particularly towards the end. It also won best International movie, but for me, it did not deserve the main prize. I much preferred Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 12:08 AM

Re: Parasite

Yes good post John. I haven't seen either yet but I will soon. Looking forward to it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
Just been to see this movie today, that won the Oscar for best picture, among a few others. It's a subtitled Korean film, about a family who con their way into an upper class family. I must say I had mixed feelings about this one. On the one hand it is an interesting story of South Korean culture, but I found it a tad melodramatic, particularly towards the end. It also won best International movie, but for me, it did not deserve the main prize. I much preferred Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
I never did fancy seeing tbh John. I suppose it ticked a box as required.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 06:47 PM

Thanks for the appraisal John I was interested to know what it was like and you have saved me the time of watching it now
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 08:35 PM

I thought I would also give this one a miss, reading about it it didn't really appeal to me �� but daughter in London went to see it and she thought it was very good...maybe it's another generation thing...
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 11:28 PM

I'm not sure whether you were supposed to feel sympathy for the family who conned the richer one. The message it seemed to me was, it is ok for the poor to commit fraud and trash someone's house who is better off,because they are exploiting the downtrodden. That is the old class war stuff, beloved of some people. On reflection, it made me uneasy, so I could'nt recommend it.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 02:55 PM

I see that the Donald has condemned the film so it must mean that it's worth watching.

Some wag on Twitter said that he didn't like it because he can't read the subtitles.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I see that the Donald has condemned the film so it must mean that it's worth watching.

Some wag on Twitter said that he didn't like it because he can't read the subtitles.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

21-02-2020, 06:24 PM

I think the Oscar winners are a bit like the Booker prize winners..... the King's new clothes and best avoided.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top