Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 09:17 PM

Bread making

I don't remember any posts about bread making.

"Er Indoors " who must be obeyed uses a Panasonic SD-2500 model bread maker. The bread is amazing, especially the fruit bread loaf, but it doesn't last long

what do others do?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 09:47 PM

Re: Bread making

I make my own bread using a Kenwood mixer to take the heavy work out of kneading. It also means you can get away with a wetter dough which makes the bread lighter more spongy because the steam from the wet dough makes lots of air pockets,

I always use fresh yeast and stoneground organic flour, I also make sourdough with my own starter but don't have one at the moment.

I make bread rolls mostly and freeze them, wholemeal/ olive/sundried tomato/herb lovely with home made soup or dipped in a mixture of virgin olive oil ad balsamic vinegar.

Wholemeal and sun dried tomato mini rolls...

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010033 (1).jpg
Views:	177
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	11683  
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 10:10 PM

I have two bread makers, Sue and the machine,don't ask me how it works or what you do, I don't have a clue.
Heaven help me if I start doing anything like that in the kitchen I would be banned from that part of the house. You should see the trouble I get in if I leave a spoon used for coffee in the sink.

To me a micro wave is a small person waving goodbye

Suppose I am lucky the cupboards don't have locks on them

I do know which is the hot tap and which is the cold and that is about it.

Sue is a brilliant cook I have to say,

Meg
Here those buns would not last long enough to even photograph them let alone get into a freezer
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 10:28 PM

I used to use a bread maker about twenty years ago. The bread tasted nice enough but it always ended up with hole in the bottom so was pretty useless for making a sandwich.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I make my own bread using a Kenwood mixer to take the heavy work out of kneading. It also means you can get away with a wetter dough which makes the bread lighter more spongy because the steam from the wet dough makes lots of air pockets,

I always use fresh yeast and stoneground organic flour, I also make sourdough with my own starter but don't have one at the moment.

I make bread rolls mostly and freeze them, wholemeal/ olive/sundried tomato/herb lovely with home made soup or dipped in a mixture of virgin olive oil ad balsamic vinegar.

Wholemeal and sun dried tomato mini rolls...
They look scrumptious!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

24-02-2020, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I used to use a bread maker about twenty years ago. The bread tasted nice enough but it always ended up with hole in the bottom so was pretty useless for making a sandwich.
That hole in the bottom is designed to be able to put your tongue inside. Fill the hole with jam or honey or whatever and lick away to your hearts content.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 07:12 AM

I love making bread - find it very therapeutic. The problem is - it vanishes!
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 11:49 AM

I'm a bit old school and don't see the point of a breadmaker. The process of making bread is so simple and so therapeutic, that by using a machine, you are missing the best bit! I realise that some people aren't physically capable of kneading and have to use a machine, but for me, the kneading is the best part of the process (apart from the eating, of course!)
User One
New Member!
Home Counties UK
User One is female 

05-03-2020, 02:03 PM

Yes, I make my own bread. Of course it is eaten quicker than a shop bought loaf but that just makes me feel good. Cheese and tomato loaf is my absolute favourite
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 08:59 PM

A friend of mine mentioned a loaf I had never heard of the other day, an 'artisan' loaf going by the name of Beetroot and spelt. Apparently it doesn't taste of beetroot but is good in that beetroot has a lot of healthy properties. It's tiny little pieces of beetroot, making it look quite pretty as a red spotted sandwich.

Has anyone on here seen or even tasted one of these?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top