Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 12:17 AM

Tribute to Izzy

This is Izzy.
My beautiful, funny, loving and gentle girl, with a heart of pure gold.

She lived with me for 10 years, until last week when we had to say goodbye to each other.

Two weeks ago she was pushing her tennis ball into me to throw for her, chasing the squirrels off the bird tables, looking after young Gertie, and sleeping peacefully next to my bed every night.

Then it all went wrong.
She became ill so quickly, I barely had time to think.
She began drinking too much water, and her soft brown eyes changed, she looked worried all the time.

After two days of veterinary care, drips, and eventually a tummy scan, two aggressive cancer masses were detected. She was also bleeding internally.

She plummeted downhill and I had to make the decision any animal lover dreads with all their heart.

The Nurses and my Vet were exceptionally kind and caring to both Iz and myself.

I kissed her goodbye and held her for the last time as the needle was put in.
She fell asleep in my arms without a sound, no stress, no pain, just gently closed her eyes and went to where the good dogs go.

I felt broken into a million pieces.

The following day I received a condolence card from the surgery.
They had chosed a card that looked a lot like a sketch of Iz.
Inside they had put her paw print for me.
Then a tiny glass container rolled out of the envelope - it was a lock of her hair they had saved for me.
I felt my heart would break and cried and cried.

Today I got a call from them saying her ashes were back.
I went to collect them today - it was her 10th birthday.
I feel some sort of comfort having her back home for her birthday.

God bless you my beautiful girl, I will love you forever. x x

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 12:25 AM

Re: Tribute to Izzy

Oh Mups, I have read your post with tears in my eyes.

You and Izzy were so close and she knew how much you loved her. Your loving heart made the decision to save her from further suffering.

My heart goes out to you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Oh Mups, I have read your post with tears in my eyes.

You and Izzy were so close and she knew how much you loved her. Your loving heart made the decision to save her from further suffering.

My heart goes out to you.

Thank you Mags.

I fear my oldest will soon follow Iz, too.

She was 14 last November, and is very frail, lost a lot of her eyesight, and deaf as a post too.
The thought of losing another scares the hell out me.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 12:51 AM

Oh Mups I am so sorry .x
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thank you Mags.

I fear my oldest will soon follow Iz, too.

She was 14 last November, and is very frail, lost a lot of her eyesight, and deaf as a post too.
The thought of losing another scares the hell out me.
That's sad to hear Mups, we pet owners all dread these times when our pet leaves us but hopefully your old lady will be with you for a while longer. x
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 12:58 AM

Mups
i am so sorry to read you have lost a best friend. what can one say? I know how heart wrenching it is. A pet is not only for their lifetime but yours as well with remembering the good times.

At least you didn't let Izzy suffer and did the right thing hard as it is. God bless

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 01:10 AM

Oh yes. I can empathise Mups. My condolences to you. I lost my beautiful dog Toby 2 years ago. Had him for 12 and a half years. Totally gutted to have to make the decision but he was so sick and distressed. Still miss him and always will. Never forget, yours was an act of kindness and love.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
oh yes. I can empathise mups. My condolences to you. I lost my beautiful dog toby 2 years ago. Had him for 12 and a half years. Totally gutted to have to make the decision but he was so sick and distressed. Still miss him and always will. never forget, yours was an act of kindness and love.

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 07:04 AM

Izzy was beautiful, Mups, my thoughts are with you.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 07:24 AM

Oh, Mups, I am so terribly sorry. Losing a pet is such a deeply personal and shattering loss, and I truly feel for you and your sweet, sweet Izzy. What an adorable girl. She was blessed a million times over by the love and attention that you gave her for ten too-short years.

Your last act of kindness to let her go so peacefully is one she would be so grateful for.

You have my most heartfelt condolences.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top