Join for free
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2020, 12:07 AM

Locke & Key (Netfix)

Into episode 3 and yes very interesting dark magic involved.
Also a family that move into a small town mansion that was left to them.
Enjoying it so far.
Not going to give anything away just enjoy.

Here's one tip of what it seems to be about The Key to this series is in the title.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2020, 12:11 AM

Re: Locke & Key (Netfix)

I saw this on the list Longfellow but was not sure it wasn't a horror genre. Please reassure me that it's not going to make me scream for the wrong reasons!
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2020, 07:42 AM

Rest reassured Annie it's only magic (so far)
No screaming or changing underwear by me so far.
But it is making me sit back in my chair amazed at the writers imaginations.
Not like others that have a form or repeating other movies.

I am not rested and ready for episode 4.

Enjoy.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 12:26 AM

It's not bad, really. It has the usual tropes of someone inheriting a strange old home of the Norman Bates style of architecture. Huge rooms, several with a locked door that hasn't been opened up in generations, which nobody seems to think is all that remarkable for some reason. Moody teen brother and sister disgruntled at moving to the back of beyond, starting a new school where of course there's the mean girl and her little coterie of minions who rule the roost. So far, so formulaic. Why nobody forces locked doors open with a crowbar or gets into the room through a window is a bit of a puzzler...

Special effects are decent enough, the cast is OK but the plot isn't that engaging for me really.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top