Join for free
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 02:20 AM

Are you stocking up just in case?

With the possibility of Covid19 spreading to the point that it becomes a pandemic are you taking any precautions for this eventuality?

Personally I have always kept a small stock of tinned food in my house for "emergencies", though I have to say that a pandemic was not the emergency that I had it mind. I was thinking more of becoming temporarily less mobile - broken leg type of thing.

I am not talking of panic buying but more just making sure that you have food in the the house that would last you a couple of weeks if you were quarantined for example. More like buying an extra tin of baked beans, spam or chunky soup during your normal shop

Anybody stocking up?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 03:40 AM

Re: Are you stocking up just in case?

Not especially but we always have enough food and water in the house to last us a few weeks. And gas for the barbie, batteries and candles etc. That's about it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 04:15 AM

When I lived in the Caribbean we were always advised to keep a ‘hurricane box ‘for emergencies .
The trouble is I kept stealing from the box when I ran out of something .
We were in a hurricane which was only force two but very frightening it did loads of damage brought down trees and knocked the electric out .
I can only image the horror of being in a force 5 or above .
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 05:38 AM

Always got an emergency trunk in the garage. Canned, dried foods including dog food. Camp beds , tent, emergency radio, gas hob, etc It's the earthquake thing!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 06:18 AM

Yes, I am starting to stock up on food, 20 liter water bottles and 30 kilo bottles of natural gas for the stove. I learned my lesson in 1969 when I went through a category 5 hurricane. Believe it or not, we had 66 cm. of rain in only 5 hours (26 inches).
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 06:38 AM

As well as buying another $15 pedestal fan I also bought three packets of frozen pies (12 pies). a kilo of rice and a couple of tins of Spam today. Just in case.

I hope there won't be a pie shortage
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

I hope there won't be a pie shortage
That is called Armagedden!
MarciKS
Kansas USA
MarciKS is female  MarciKS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
With the possibility of Covid19 spreading to the point that it becomes a pandemic are you taking any precautions for this eventuality?

Personally I have always kept a small stock of tinned food in my house for "emergencies", though I have to say that a pandemic was not the emergency that I had it mind. I was thinking more of becoming temporarily less mobile - broken leg type of thing.

I am not talking of panic buying but more just making sure that you have food in the the house that would last you a couple of weeks if you were quarantined for example. More like buying an extra tin of baked beans, spam or chunky soup during your normal shop

Anybody stocking up?
I haven't yet but, been thinking about it as I work in a hospital. I don't know if it's true or not but, I read online that this virus can live 9 days on a surface and a person would have to be quarantined for 24 days.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 08:00 AM

It may be wise to get a few extra "Tins" in, a couple of dozen Buffer Stock should be sufficient, then instigate a Kanban System for a while.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 09:14 AM

Nope...but I'm always well stocked up in the Winter here in the frozen North...no cases of the virus in Scotland..yet!

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top