Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 06:57 PM

Warburton's Crumpet Beer

Well I've heard of some strange drinks and weird ideas but it's a novel way of using up your surplus crumpets.

https://www.fdiforum.net/mag/launche...from-crumpets/
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 07:03 PM

Re: Warburton's Crumpet Beer

Interesting - will have to try that!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 07:14 PM

I was hoping someone would say that ... I'd love to know what it tastes like.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 09:21 PM

Pass
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

27-02-2020, 09:40 PM

Such a sad little face ....why's that Keezoy?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Pass
Is that a typo?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 11:06 AM

Bread is quite widely used to make beer rather than grain so crumpets are just a variation on a quite common thing on The Continent.

Actually the ancient Egyptians were making beer using bread thousands of years ago.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 12:41 PM

Has no one wondered why Warburton's have such a large surplus of left over 'wonky' crumpets? (enough to go into beer production). Normally the answer would be to cut production, unless of course..........

..... it's a marketing ploy??
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Such a sad little face ....why's that Keezoy?
Yeah it's a typo. It was supposed to be more like...bleccchh. Maybe this one... Crumpets and beer?..nah.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 12:59 PM

Apparently:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_from_bread

Although most beer is brewed using cereal grains—most commonly malted barley—as a source of starch sugars, it can also be made from bread.

Beers made from bread include Sahti in Finland, Kvass in Russia and Ukraine, and Bouza* in Egypt and Sudan.

In several countries, 'Toast Ale' is made—in a range of styles—from surplus bread from the catering trade, as part of a campaign to reduce food waste. The recipe is open source. Inspired by this, Adnams brewed a range of three beers exclusively for Marks & Spencer in 2018, using leftover bread from the store's sandwich suppliers. All the waste bread was then used as animal feed.
*A-ha, must be the origin of "booze" and "boozer", I thought .....

I was wrong ..... ""booze" and "boozer" are derivatives of Middle English bouse(n) 'to drink', 'to booze' (from Middle Dutch busen) or Middle English bous, boos 'intoxicating drink' (from Middle Dutch buse) ......

Anyway, if I see any bread/crumpet beer then I'll try it .....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top