Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 06:54 AM

Stop Complaining.

Hi

We have the Lowest Pensions in Western Europe.

We have a third less Hospital beds in Western Europe and by far the longest waiting lists.

It was our Generation which voted for this, we wanted the high life, a very low Tax Economy.

Take the hit folks, it is what we voted for.

It is totally unfair to expect our kids and Grandkids to pay for our stupidity.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 07:19 AM

Re: Stop Complaining.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We have a third less Hospital beds in Western Europe and by far the longest waiting lists.

It was our Generation which voted for this, we wanted the high life, a very low Tax Economy.

Well I for one did not vote for a succession of totally corrupt governments who care more about their own self aggrandizement than they do about the people who elected them!

Neither did I vote for an NHS service who couldn't manage money if they were given the entire world supply of the stuff! They are Doctors and Nurses - not shop keepers. Their finances should be managed by a board of auditors - if there are still any honest ones to be found! And I speak from many years experience of working for them.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 08:50 AM

People - everywhere - every generation - every society - every age, since year dot will complain. They will complain about their lot, their job, their family, the weather and most of all they will complain about those that rule them; whether they voted for them or not. It's as natural as passing wind and has a similar purpose. Human being will never stop complaining and I don't think they should. It's a release - especially when those around you agree with you. You just have to do a Sybil Fawlty and either challenge them, lose your block and have an argument, or you just nod and say.."Oh I know" ..Then again sometimes the complaint is valid and then..you can just listen. Just my humble opinion. Also I think there is a subtle difference between complaining and just whinging and whining. I'm not sure how to define it but I know there is. Maybe somebody can come up with a suitable explanation if they believe there is too.
Chardon-B
France
Chardon-B is female 

13-03-2020, 09:10 AM

Taking the hit - is all relative - a bigger hit for some than others and of course none of the band of liars, sorry mean the current government will take a hit and as they lack empathy they don't care.

As for the younger generation, the same again re leaving EU they did not vote for the losses that gives them ...Beware the Hard Brexit coming due to the playground negotiaing skills of the UK .

What goes around comes around I hope.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Chardon-B ->
Taking the hit - is all relative - a bigger hit for some than others and of course none of the band of liars, sorry mean the current government will take a hit and as they lack empathy they don't care.

As for the younger generation, the same again re leaving EU they did not vote for the losses that gives them ...Beware the Hard Brexit coming due to the playground negotiaing skills of the UK .

What goes around comes around I hope.
Hi

It is not just the current Government, it is all Governments over the last 20 years.

They have all known that the Actuarial Figures have shown a huge shortfall in Pensions, Social Care and the NHS due to an ageing Population.

Non of them grasped the nettle and raised taxes, other Countries did.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Swimmy, not everyone is the same and can "take the hits" as you say. It may be ok for those who can also say "I'm alright Jack" but there are those of us who cannot afford to "take the hit". My pension doesn't reach 3 figures a week and I have never received any benefits so it's always a tight budget for me, especially with the bills regularly increasing.
My husband is also on a basic pension and neither of us expects our children to support us.

I admit it does annoy me when people make these comments knowing fully well it would probably make no difference to them.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 09:54 AM

The last ten years of austerity have been the result of the previous thirteen years of an economically illiterate labour government.

When they took over in '97 the public finances were in the best shape they had been in for several generations, but that golden legacy was squandered by Blair and Brown like a couple of drunken spendaholics. When the conservatives regained power in 2010 there was nothing left in the bank and the country has been playing catchup ever since.

But wasn't it ever thus, when have labour ever been in power on not left us bankrupt?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 09:56 AM

I practice.... You cut your coat according to your cloth!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 10:20 AM

Stop Complaining? Where's the fun in that?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 10:58 AM

It comes from having a government of old Etonians nearly all millionaires .
I never voted for them but the alternative was Corbyn .
The British people have had no viable alternative for years .

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top