Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 02:09 PM

Re: Small Silver Canisters?

I remember this story from last year:

Sea of laughing gas canisters left on beach after Brighton Pride

https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/05/sea-o...2/?ito=cbshare

Thousands of laughing gas canisters were among more than 100 tonnes of rubbish dumped on the beach after Brighton Pride.
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 02:12 PM

They are designed to fit in a squirty cream gun, in a similar way thet the 'bulbs' used to fit in the soda syphons years ago, the canister is actually the same size. The kids use those emergency bike pump things you buy from the likes of Aldi, in order to extract the gas, you've seen them, a small thing with a connector on one end, designed to use the co2 cartidges (soda syphon) to inflate cycle tyres. The worrying thing is you see quite a lot abandoned on motorways, meaning they're driving under the influence of this gas. The problem is the police take very little notice, there was 3 card around my way all driven by young idiots, all driving like mad man shite, and all using this gas! One of the cars crashed one night, killing one of the passengers. The police appealed for any info regarding how the car was being driven in the days up to the crash, I sent them a very terse e-mail, saying that if they'd acted upon my numerous reports over the weeks preceeeding the event then maybe this fatality would have beeb prevented.
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Can one just buy Nitrous Oxide gas over the counter or is it another thing to thank the thieves and druggies for?

Some people use Helium for other than filling balloons as well.
available online quite freely also from some large baking supplies

https://www.discountcream.co.uk/mosa...pack-153-p.asp
sparky
cheshire

24-03-2020, 02:25 PM

one of the main problems with inhaling these gases is what can happen if you inhale too much, and/or at too high a pressure, nitrous oxide, or entonox to give it it's medical name, does have uses as an anaesthetic, however the ratio of gas to air needs to be carefully controlled, as does the pressure, likewise, Helium, has a legitimate use, mixed gas Heliox, as used for deep dives as it reduces the risks of nitrogen narcosis (the bends) again at controlled pressures, however like any pressurised gas, if it gets into the lungs, or any body orifice, at to high a pressure it can lead to pulmonary embolisms, and death! A fact a lot of these young people fail to understand.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 03:10 PM

I think they're known as 'poppers' my daughter told me about them and all the time I was wondering why she was saying press fasteners were dangerous!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 03:45 PM

Users tend to inflate balloons with them so they can control the flow and even share inflated balloons. Not very sensible at the best of time, but nowadays.....!!!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 03:52 PM

Well., blow me down I've never seen these either

I do remember inhaling helium from balloons though and falling about laughing at our voices.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Well., blow me down I've never seen these either

I do remember inhaling helium from balloons though and falling about laughing at our voices.
I've done that too.
sparky
cheshire

24-03-2020, 05:31 PM

poppers is actually a liquid, Amyl Nitrate, it is used in hospital to treat heart problems, and is also good for releasing skin bonded with superglue. It is very popular among nightclub goer's it gives a high, it also relaxes the anal muscles making anal intercourse easier.
It's actually very worrying when you think about it, sign of a mis-spent youth.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 06:23 PM

Thanks for the information Sparky, very informative....
I've seen loads of them while out running in the country together with peat balls that had been used to grow cannabis.
I knew that the little silver bottles were being used for something dodgy by the young folk, but not exactly.....

The young folk have certainly come a long way since I was at school, where a quick fag and a snog with Dorothy Topliss at the back of the bike shed was the ultimate in excitement....

Wonder what she's doing now.....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top