Join for free
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 11:14 AM

So...What Happens To Their Pets?

We hear of thousands of people who are in hospital or dying of the virus but what happens to their pets?

If no one can go out, who is tending to their pets?
There must be thousands of dogs, cats, birds, snakes and other pets who have no one to feed, look after them or take them in.

Yet you never hear about the animals, or have l missed it being said?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 11:23 AM

Re: So...What Happens To Their Pets?

Art, I have written a bit about the rescue animals suffering here:

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=67185

Also, there is government information here:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...e-with-animals
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 11:23 AM

Art that is something that worries me greatly...

Chloe is a strange aloof little dog (a bit like her owner really ) and although my son would take her in if anything happened to me I don't think she would settle well.

I guess a lot of pets are ending up in rescue centres or with family member, the '1 walk a day' doesn't help I am taking one walk and two 'pee breaks ''in the field next door . Chloe would die before going in the garden, I said she was strange....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 11:31 AM

Mups and Meg, l keep thinking there might be a pet that’s in a house or flat on its own. That nobody knows or is aware of its existence.
Some elderly people with no relatives are very private and don’t mix, so no one would know if there was a pet that needed looking after.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

28-03-2020, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Art, I have written a bit about the rescue animals suffering here:

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=67185

Also, there is government information here:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...e-with-animals
Mups, l wasn’t just thinking of the U.K. I was thinking of places all over the world, especially in Italy and Spain where the death rate is so high.
I suppose, the life of the person is put higher that the animal at the moment and that’s why we don’t hear about them.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

28-03-2020, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Art that is something that worries me greatly...

Chloe is a strange aloof little dog (a bit like her owner really ) and although my son would take her in if anything happened to me I don't think she would settle well.

I guess a lot of pets are ending up in rescue centres or with family member, the '1 walk a day' doesn't help I am taking one walk and two 'pee breaks ''in the field next door . Chloe would die before going in the garden, I said she was strange....
Meg, l don’t think Chloe is strange at all! She just prefers to do her wee wees where she prefers to! Maybe, she doesn’t want to discolour your lawn?

Anyway, l must be very strange too as l can’t do a wee wee sitting on the toilet seat, only if l sit on the porcelain bowl!

Please keep that information a secret as l wouldn’t like anyone else to know!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Meg, l don’t think Chloe is strange at all! She just prefers to do her wee wees where she prefers to! Maybe, she doesn’t want to discolour your lawn?

Anyway, l must be very strange too as l can’t do a wee wee sitting on the toilet seat, only if l sit on the porcelain bowl!

Please keep that information a secret as l wouldn’t like anyone else to know! :
lol:
@ Art
Chloe likes to sniff where other dogs have 'been' and as there are none in my garden it isn't inviting..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mups, l wasn’t just thinking of the U.K. I was thinking of places all over the world, especially in Italy and Spain where the death rate is so high.
I suppose, the life of the person is put higher that the animal at the moment and that’s why we don’t hear about them.

I agree, and it's always the same.
It was only towards the end that we started hearing about the animals perishing in the Australian bush fires.
For weeks the news was full on the human devastation.

How often do we hear about the animals suffering in Tsunami's and other disasters?
And what about when people have to leave their homes because of pending danger of some sort, to my knowledge they aren't always allowed to take their animals.

These things have concerned me on many occasions.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

28-03-2020, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
@ Art
Chloe likes to sniff where other dogs have 'been' and as there are none in my garden it isn't inviting..

That would have been easy to sort Meg . . . get her another little friend.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top