Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 11:52 AM

Shopping this morning

Went to Morrison’s this morning, everyone outside practicing social distancing and barriers in place, allowing so many inside at a time, as I have a cold I stayed in the car whilst mrs p did the shop, inside a bit more chaotic as some not keeping space between each other, but on the whole not too bad...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 12:02 PM

Re: Shopping this morning

My sister who lives in Spain says only one person per car is allowed.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 12:08 PM

We plan to take advantage of local people who say they'll shop for us.
footprints
Colwyn Bay Wales
footprints is female  footprints has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 12:16 PM

Maybe this should belong to money saving tips - did a weekly shop - on card - rest of week just went for a shortish local walk daily - Result -absolutely no money spent!
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 12:30 PM

Our local Morrisons is doing a fantastic job. The manager posts almost daily updates about regulations, restrictions and availability.
People are in no doubt about what the situation is.
Stores like this will reap the rewards when normality is restored.
I hope the profiteers will also get their just desserts.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 12:30 PM

I had stocked up fairly well, so just been getting a couple of items from a local shop, and that for only one day, so this morning was the first time I'd been to a supermarket for over a week, since the restrictions came into force quite strictly

I went to my local Sainsbury's as usual, and they had things well organised -

I got there just after it opened, at about 08-10; car park half empty
They had organised some barriers to line up a queue, with a couple of staff (sorry, colleagues) to supervise things
Everything was pleasant and civilised; no panicking, shoving or arguing; and everyone was keeping their distance
They were letting customers in one or two at a time, as customers finished their shopping and left

Al the fresh food & delicatessen counters were closed, but the displays of self service fruit, veg, meat, fish, & cheese were full
There were a few empty shelves here & there, mainly canned soup & beans, and eggs, but all in all nothing like the pandemonium and shortages that I'd been led to believe

I did get the definite impression though that people were not hanging around and browsing - just going in to get what they wanted or needed, then leaving fairly soon afterwards
This also helped to keep the queue moving

They had also set up a collection point at the side of the store so people who had put in an online order could pick it up themselves
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 05:17 PM

Our local Sainsbugs is now operating a 1 in 1 out policy. Only 1 person/family or couple as well - I stood outside while V went in.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 06:04 PM

Same kind of routine at Lidl Mirfield - queuing outside, 2 metres apart and not allowed in until someone comes out. Very subdued and civilised for a change. Managed to get some veggies, beef mince and some eggs. Still no milk though
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
We plan to take advantage of local people who say they'll shop for us.
Did you not stockpile the caviar?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 11:58 AM

A full stock of bog rolls in Sainsbury's this morning.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top