Re: EU Interference
Originally Posted by Solasch
You do not have to be afraid. The UK may be unraveling
, scotland may join the EU as an independent and sovereign country, but england will be welcome too.
Hans-Olaf Henkel MEP just said that Italy (one of the first members of the EU) should be paid off by Germany to leave the block because of its massive debt problems. He said that it would help Italy to rebuild its Lira so it continue with its own currency out of the EU.
So much for solidarity, Solasch, your booting your own members out of your own socialist ideological club because they cost you too much money. What happened to spreading the wealth and sharing economic burdens across the 27 ?
Oh, and we just left the EU altogether.
Scotland will not join the EU - it can apply for membership like any other country, but :
1. First it needs to leave the UK in order for it to apply
2. In order to leave it needs a referendum - which the UK won't allow (twice refused already)
3. The last referendum voted against Scotlands independence from the UK
4. Scotland has a bigger deficit than Greece and does not economically quality
5. Scotland does not have its own currency
6. Scotland cannot meet the requirements of economic sustatainability - it would need to be funded by Germany (plus the Barnet formula on top)
7. Indyref was based around being funded by North Sea Oil at $100 a barrel - look at its price now, even back then it was fantasy
Your talking out of your arse. What is more likely is the breakup of Catalonia from Spain and as Perce posted yesterday, Macron has lost his majority in France.
Add to that the spat between Germany and the ECB/ ECJ and you will see that the EU is a zombie project.