Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
David P
South Oxfordshire
David P is male  David P has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 12:00 PM

Have you ever had a nickname?

I had two or three over the years.
In Junior School I was known as Cuthbert.
Because I looked like a TV character in Cuthbert and Claude.
I cannot remember the programme.
I will have to google it.
To my daughter and her friends, I was known as Captain Underpants. This was (is) I frequently lounge in the house in just my underpants. This is Ok to do this but I sometimes have to hurry to find my shorts if there is a delivery to sign for.
But I did have a bit of a problem with a neighbour, who complained to the police when I went out into the garden to the rubbish bin. I had a visit from the support officers and told to be a little bit more discreet.
In work, I was known as Rumour Control because of my tendency to gossip and not keep secrets.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 12:04 PM

Re: Have you ever had a nickname?

Only a couple of indoor nicknames

My daughter always calls me Mumsy and Mr Mags often calls me Kiddo.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 12:05 PM

From my early teens to very early 20's I was known as "Slasher". With good reason, but I'm NOT going to enlarge on it. I've moved on.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 12:49 PM

Scally which is short for Scallywag
You can draw your own conclusions as to why I was labelled with that
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 12:49 PM

I have had several, some not printable, luckily none used now.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 03:06 PM

Lion Queen
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Scally which is short for Scallywag
You can draw your own conclusions as to why I was labelled with that
Coz you is a lickle bugger hehe
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 03:15 PM

I was called "Wrecker" for a while at the laboratory because the piece of equipment I was using on my first day broke down and noone there knew how to repair it. Fortunately I did but didn't have the tools needed so, one of the maintenance men and I worked on it together (he was insured to do the work, I wasn't at the time) and fixed it in a couple of hours - and that included machining a new part.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 03:52 PM

In my young teens I played softball with the neighborhood kids, had a good arm and was tagged 'Scorch', Debbie Reynolds came to our town (her hubby, Harry Karl owned a shoe company in our town), signed autographs for us, and my pic reads To Scorch).
In my 30s I opened a hair salon, was tagged "Sarge" as the coworkers were younger than me and I was the go to person for advice.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 04:03 PM

My nickname stuck through school and at Uni too. It is simply my name
here...Keezoy. Not even sure how it started apart from it is simply a bastardisation of Keith.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top