Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 01:47 PM

The UK Must Stand Firm & Reject the EU's Level Playing Field

Another brilliant article today on Capx from Tim Worstall.

I was going to put this on one of the threads already being debated here, but I thought it deserves one all of its own, particularly when Tim Worstall also confirms that, although less than 50% of our exports are to the EU, they only account for around 5% (I put 7.5% yesterday) of our GDP. A very important point and one that has been largely ignored so far.

Its quite short, but nails it by pointing out just where the balance of power lies in our future negotiations and the win-win opportunity for the UK.

We, Brexiteers need to put our full support behind David Frost and the brilliant performance he has given so far.

https://capx.co/the-uk-must-stand-fi...9dfd-241835697
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 02:02 PM

Re: The UK Must Stand Firm & Reject the EU's Level Playing Field

Originally Posted by Bread ->

I was going to put this on one of the threads already being debated here, but I thought it deserves one all of its own, particularly when Tim Worstall also confirms that, although less than 50% of our exports are to the EU, they only account for around 5% (I put 7.5% yesterday) of our GDP. A very important point and one that has been largely ignored so far.

Its quite short, but nails it by pointing out just where the balance of power lies in our future negotiations and the win-win opportunity for the UK.

We, Brexiteers need to put our full support behind David Frost and the brilliant performance he has given so far.

The man's brilliant! But like so many, he forgets that the UK is a major exporter of services, so much so that the economy floats on it. And as swimfeeders has been pointing out several times on this forum, wto terms don't cover services.
For the EU the trade deal is coupled to banking rights. No trade, no banking for the UK on the continent.
In short, if the UK misses its chance on a trade deal, your economy will suffer, more than the EU's.

So, better sign up to fair play, or be sent off from the playing field.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The man's brilliant! But like so many, he forgets that the UK is a major exporter of services, so much so that the economy floats on it. And as swimfeeders has been pointing out several times on this forum, wto terms don't cover services.
For the EU the trade deal is coupled to banking rights. No trade, no banking for the UK on the continent.
In short, if the UK misses its chance on a trade deal, your economy will suffer, more than the EU's.

So, better sign up to fair play, or be sent off from the playing field.

That includes services... 5 - 7.5% of GDP

You won't get "banking rights" either
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 02:39 PM

Okay, so help me understand mr. Worst of all.
By refusing to sign up to the level playing field, the UK doesn't get a trade deal.
But, because of that the UK doesn't need to comply with production cost increasing EU rules.

So to keep sales to the EU (= export) to the present level, and the big fat owners of industries to keep receiving their money, and to balance the extra costs of tariffs, production must be cheaper.

Due to not signing up to the level playing field, production costs can indeed be reduced. By not adhering to the rules to protect the environment, social security and labour rights.

The whole stance will lead to industry fat cats making money, while the environment suffers by pollution, workers have less job security and their wages are reduced. That surely is brexit logic.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

01-06-2020, 02:48 PM

A bit strange. About 30% of gdp is made from exports, and half of UK export is to the EU, that percentage should be around 15%. Where did worstofall get his figures?
https://obr.uk/box/uk-exports-as-a-share-of-gdp/
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

01-06-2020, 02:56 PM

A bit strange. About 30% of gdp is made from exports, and half of UK export is to the EU, that percentage should be around 15%. Where did worstofall get his figures?
https://obr.uk/box/uk-exports-as-a-share-of-gdp/
Prove that all our exports have the same value and contribute the same to our GDP.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

01-06-2020, 03:08 PM

Prove that all our exports have the same value and contribute the same to our GDP.
You read it here: https://tradingeconomics.com/united-...p-wb-data.html if you can understand it.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

01-06-2020, 03:11 PM

You read it here: https://tradingeconomics.com/united-...p-wb-data.html if you can understand it.
No that is not what I asked for. I'll ask you the second time

You said ...

" A bit strange. About 30% of gdp is made from exports, and half of UK export is to the EU, that percentage should be around 15%. Where did worstofall get his figures? "

So ...

If you still can't give me an answer, I won't reply to you any more, because youre wasting my time again.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 03:33 PM

Confirms all l believe Bread!
Check out the daily telegraph article today as well it is also very
revealing!!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 03:36 PM

NEurobabble solly!

Donkeyman! 😇😇

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top