Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 12:59 PM

what an experience

Decided it was about time for a visit to the local dump.
So put load of plastic bags, in the car, full of rubbish and made a move to go there at 9.30am
get there to this

taken after a long wait, and half way down the queue, from 2 different positions.

Eventually got home at around 11.50am today

This road is access to the refuse site only. They stopped cars getting onto this road from the main highway just after I got there
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 01:07 PM

Re: what an experience

The carbon emissions savings of the last couple of months is soon to be made up for at that rate. RS, I came across one of those queues on my way home this morning, they had blocked up a set of traffic lights, I was lucky, I managed to tailgate a courier van on the wrong side of the road to get past them.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 01:09 PM

In my locality:

Household Waste Recycling Centres

Coronavirus update

As of Friday 15 May 2020 the household recycling centre at (address) will re-open on an appointment only basis. To find out more about opening hours, safety measures and to book a slot visit the (name) County Council website. The rules governing use of the recycling centre have changed, and restrictions are in place so please check the website before you book an appointment.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 01:17 PM

we have first come basis in restricted hours of opening. Even then only about 7 cars allowed in at any one time. Normally it would be 25+ cars
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 01:21 PM

My local centre hasn't opened yet to take garden waste and I am hearing horror stories about the one in town so I am 'managing' to finely chop any 'large' garden waste to put in the compost. It takes ages to do and will no doubt take years to break down but not to worry there are worse things in life .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 03:07 PM

I haven't looked since they re-opened here, but we used to be able to look on the local tip's website and there was a live link which showed you the queue and waiting times.
Very good idea I thought.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 03:19 PM

I'd take one look at that queue, turn around and go home. Luckily, we have garden waste collection service around here. It costs about £50 a year but it's worth it not to have to go to the dump/recycling centre.

All other stuff is hidden behind, the shed including an old lavatory and basin. It can stay there until there's more and then I'll pay a reputable company to come and take it all away, or maybe hire a small skip and fill that up.

I hate going to dumps/recycling centres.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 03:30 PM

Yes mart, it annoys me queuing for the Recycling Centre, journey i try to Skip if at all possible.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

02-06-2020, 03:46 PM

We too pay for garden waste collection but the virus stopped for a few weeks, also other rubbish to go
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
We too pay for garden waste collection but the virus stopped for a few weeks, also other rubbish to go
I can see that would be different. Our garden and other collections have kept going. I'd have hated to face that queue though. 10 out of 10 for your resilience!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top