Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 11:12 PM

Long Lost Family Special: Born Without Trace.

Did anyone watch this two part Long Lost Family Special, shown tonight and last night on ITV1 at 9pm?

It is about four people who were abandoned as babies, one left in a phone box, one left on a seat in a car on someone’s drive, one in a box outside a railway tavern and one left in a public toilet.

It is wonderful that they were found but tragic how they were just abandoned and didn’t even know their date of birth or their roots.

I said in another thread recently, that these days l rarely cry... but when l watch ‘Long Lost Family’, l cry my heart out... with sadness but in happiness when they trace their parents and siblings.

Did you watch it?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 11:23 PM

Re: Long Lost Family Special: Born Without Trace.

No I didn't watch it Art.
I am not keen on Davina McCall, so she puts me off watching.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 11:27 PM

I watched it and thought it was terribly sad.Those foundling seemed to have worried about it all their lives thanks to their selfish parents .
The one of the chap whose parents had been married and had six other children and had left him the youngest was absolutely tragic .
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Yes I also dislike DM and the other gimp.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 08:31 AM

Oh yes Art i watched it . I cant get my head around it . The parents of the baby who was their 7 youngest left him by the pub . He must have been left there straight after birth . What a secret to keep till death . What a lovely man too , his pain and joy at knowing .

The other night two foundlings full brother and sister from a long term affair . Heartbreaking . Two more beautiful human beings. I cry each time i watch it .

We can never ever know the pain or the reasons why parents do it. I wonder if they look for them as the years go by
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 08:42 AM

The foundlingS seemed such nice people they were clearly raised by good people .
My second impression was what selfish old men their real fathers were .
One having 14 children and two on the side .
The other moving his lover in with his wife .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The foundlingS seemed such nice people they were clearly raised by good people .
My second impression was what selfish old men their real fathers were .
One having 14 children and two on the side .
The other moving his lover in with his wife .
That's why I don't watch it Muddy....I really don't think there can be any happy endings if a person abandons a child in a public toilet. If that had happened to me I would be glad to be rid of them from my life forever
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oh that’s a shame, Mups.
I wasn’t always, Davina McCall’s biggest fan but l love her in this, she is so caring and good with the people. I also love Nicky Campbell, he’s good with the people too.

Ok they might just be acting the part but l still love them in this programme.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

03-06-2020, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I watched it and thought it was terribly sad.Those foundling seemed to have worried about it all their lives thanks to their selfish parents .
The one of the chap whose parents had been married and had six other children and had left him the youngest was absolutely tragic .
Muddy, I had never heard the word ‘’foundling’ used to describe abandoned babies until last night.

Yes, how could they have dumped their baby whilst keeping his siblings.
I suppose, it’s easy for us to say that but maybe they didn’t have a choice? Yet, it’s still no excuse...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

03-06-2020, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->

Yes I also dislike DM and the other gimp.
Basser, Nicky is not a ‘gimp’...wash your mouth out! l love Nicky!

He is compassionate with the people as he was also adopted as a baby. He knows how it feels.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top