Join for free
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 12:23 PM

Viability report HS2!!

A revised report from government on the viability of the AHS2
project has changed its status from " amber/ red to red only !!
This means it iis more likely to fail to live up to its expectations than
to succeed!
Amber/red means it is doubtful if it will reach expectations !!
Is this the first major mistake Boris has made??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔

PS. Posted in the news headlines today in the examiner!
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 03:09 PM

Re: Viability report HS2!!

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
A revised report from government on the viability of the AHS2
project has changed its status from " amber/ red to red only !!
This means it iis more likely to fail to live up to its expectations than
to succeed!
Amber/red means it is doubtful if it will reach expectations !!
Is this the first major mistake Boris has made??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔

PS. Posted in the news headlines today in the examiner!
Most definately NOT! There have been several major mistakes, but to single one out is impossible IMO.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 04:07 PM

Surely this is just one of many such stupid ideas which have been decided on by the government and, of course, their predecessors of both parties.

It's what we do in this country!

Someone comes up with a bright idea, in this case something like the Frogs have with their 'train of grand vitesse'. So we must have something similar to show that we can do it too, despite the fact that we are a smaller country and have rather shorter routes involved.

The fact that no-one really wants this thing and, more to the point, hardly anyone is going to use it, seems unimportant to its proponents.

Then, later, but not until millions or even billions have been wasted, sense is seen and the project is cancelled.

Unfortunately, this final stage has not yet been reached. However, I'm sure it will be... eventually!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Surely this is just one of many such stupid ideas which have been decided on by the government and, of course, their predecessors of both parties.

It's what we do in this country!

Someone comes up with a bright idea, in this case something like the Frogs have with their 'train of grand vitesse'. So we must have something similar to show that we can do it too, despite the fact that we are a smaller country and have rather shorter routes involved.

The fact that no-one really wants this thing and, more to the point, hardly anyone is going to use it, seems unimportant to its proponents.

Then, later, but not until millions or even billions have been wasted, sense is seen and the project is cancelled.

Unfortunately, this final stage has not yet been reached. However, I'm sure it will be... eventually!
As you say, unfortunately we seem to be predilicted to showy
demonstrations of worthiness by our upper classes JBR??
Money is no object as long as its not for the common good?

Donkeyman! 😟😟
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

13-07-2020, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Most definately NOT! There have been several major mistakes, but to single one out is impossible IMO.
I think your right Long Driver!!

Donkeyman! 😇😇
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 07:13 PM

HS2 is a Blair/Brown baby.

And we here in London do want it. We are in limbo after massive demolition around Euston (but perhaps there's a plan B for multi £M apartments where social housing once stood). And for a once-insignificant place up the line, called Old Oak, it's all or nothing. Old Oak is set to be UK's biggest train 'hub' interchange. We are in danger of having a London trainline going nowhere just to connect everything within the capital.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->

And we here in London do want it. We are in limbo after massive demolition around Euston (but perhaps there's a plan B for multi £M apartments where social housing once stood). And for a once-insignificant place up the line, called Old Oak, it's all or nothing. Old Oak is set to be UK's biggest train 'hub' interchange. We are in danger of having a London trainline going nowhere just to connect everything within the capital.
Really? That's strange, because when they were in office I had never heard of HS2.

I'm surprised that Londoners want HS2. I wouldn't have thought that most of them would particularly want to travel up north, unless they were rich businessmen with connections in the North.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

13-07-2020, 07:45 PM

Really? That's strange, because when they were in office I had never heard of HS2.

I'm surprised that Londoners want HS2. I wouldn't have thought that most of them would particularly want to travel up north, unless they were rich businessmen with connections in the North.
And if they are rich business men JBR they wiil fly up from the
London airport! Not waste time on a train???
And it will be much cheaper too?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 07:46 PM

Well perhaps you weren't paying attention, or perhaps Mandelson hadn't come up with the buzzword.

My point is ... Londoners don't want it desperately. They just want to know one way or the other. There are much bigger things in the balance.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

13-07-2020, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->

Perhaps the mayor could finish crossrail first dOOd??
It just might solve some of Londons transport problems??

Donkeyman! 😟😟😟

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top