Join for free
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 > Last »
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 03:37 PM

smart metres

has anyone had a smart metre installed and if so are they any good...any benefits, I had a letter from SSE asking me to call and make an appointment to have a new metre installed but I've heard many negatives about them
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 03:42 PM

Re: smart metres

There are other threads on here about smart meters Paula. I think the general consensus was they are a waste of time but the energy suppliers have to ask all their customers if they want one installing because the government told them to.

One thing you have to remember is you don't have to agree to have one installed whatever your supplier says.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
has anyone had a smart metre installed and if so are they any good...any benefits, I had a letter from SSE asking me to call and make an appointment to have a new metre installed but I've heard many negatives about them
We got one about a year ago. Seems fine.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 03:59 PM

Further information can be found here .....

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...t=Smart+meters
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

30-07-2020, 04:00 PM

We have one, my husband makes graphs of the readings, something he enjoys doing.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 04:08 PM

We have one,its been no advantage or disadvantage imo.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
We have one,its been no advantage or disadvantage imo.
Exactly this ^^

You get a little wireless display thing which we looked at for a few days until being chucked in a drawer never to be looked at again. The bills are the same and so far no aliens have landed on my laptop.

I suppose the one advantage is that you don't have to let the meter reader in.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Exactly this ^^

You get a little wireless display thing which we looked at for a few days until being chucked in a drawer never to be looked at again. The bills are the same and so far no aliens have landed on my laptop.

My old supplier installed one but now it's used as an ordinary meter by my new supplier - I just have to send them my own meter readings from time to time.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Exactly this ^^

that's not a problem LD it's only once every two years. I read my meters and inform them of the reading online and then pay them online
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

30-07-2020, 05:10 PM

Water meters are compulsory in our area.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top