Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 11:07 AM

Ooeeer! We're really scared! (NOT!)

Seems the scary French fishermen have resorted to issuing threats towards our own fishermen and Ferries if they don't get their way.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...U-talks-latest

No-one is saying the French can't fish in our waters. they are after all, just workers like our own, But any sympathy for the French as part of the EU robbers was lost long ago when we had to watch as they laughed while our own fishing fleets were destroyed by CFP.

The future is thus:

if you want our fish,

Make an appointment, choose a slot, and pay at the Port.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 03:59 PM

Re: Ooeeer! We're really scared! (NOT!)

What got me when I read that report was the Frenchies were going to blockade the French ports to prevent any UK landed fish from being sold in France. This begs the questions:

1. What if the fish are bound for other European countries and NOT France at all?
2. What's to stop the truckers from using Eurotunnel? Can you see the trawler men blockading that with their boats?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Seems the scary French fishermen have resorted to issuing threats towards our own fishermen and Ferries if they don't get their way.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...U-talks-latest

No-one is saying the French can't fish in our waters. they are after all, just workers like our own, But any sympathy for the French as part of the EU robbers was lost long ago when we had to watch as they laughed while our own fishing fleets were destroyed by CFP.

The future is thus:

if you want our fish,

Make an appointment, choose a slot, and pay at the Port.
I suggest we also start making a list of the more belligerant
EU fshers and make sure they go to the back of the queue SG??
What do you think?
The arrogance is unbelievable!!

Donkeyman! 👎😟👎
Percy Vere
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I suggest we also start making a list of the more belligerent EU fishers and make sure they go to the back of the queue SG??
What do you think?

Donkeyman! 👎😟👎
Great idea Donks
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
What got me when I read that report was the Frenchies were going to blockade the French ports to prevent any UK landed fish from being sold in France. This begs the questions:

1. What if the fish are bound for other European countries and NOT France at all?
2. What's to stop the truckers from using Eurotunnel? Can you see the trawler men blockading that with their boats?
I think it will be quite easy for the fisherfolk to co--opt the froggie
farmerfolk to have their tractors breakdown in certain places
Percy?
From what lve read it seems to be common practice !!
However l cant see the froggie public going without fish for long?

Donkeyman! 👍😁👍
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 04:13 PM

Just stop and think, the French would have to come over here for a bag of fish and chip. I can forsee many more fish and chip shops opening up along our south coast.

Of course they could stick with snail and chips or frogs legs and chips
Percy Vere

01-08-2020, 04:14 PM

I think it will be quite easy for the fisherfolk to co--opt the froggie farmerfolk to have their tractors breakdown in certain places Percy?
From what lve read it seems to be common practice !!
However l cant see the froggie public going without fish for long?

Donkeyman! 👍😁👍
True on all counts Donks. Our truckers will just have to use Belgian and Dutch (hawk, spit) ports instead and avoid France altogether then.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 04:49 PM

I suggest we also start making a list of the more belligerant
EU fshers and make sure they go to the back of the queue SG??
What do you think?

Donkeyman! 👎😟👎

Exactly DM.

We will continue to get these threats simply because Macron has set off on a flush or bust destruction route. He knows that if he fails France and the EU by not getting the rights to fish in our waters as they have always done, he is finished. He is only just about hanging on by his fingertips as it is, so he has absolutely nothing to lose by being the showman and being belligerent towards us, as well as encouraging French fishermen to put every possible obstacle in the way, including the pathetic threats. After all, Macron needs their votes at the next election to be able to continue towards mutualisation of states, and his dream of an EU army, where of course, France would be in charge.

It must be so galling for France, so used to running the panto known as the EU for years, solely for their own or/and Germany's benefit. All of a sudden, they realise they have come up against something that they cannot change by bullying, cajoling or buying their way into. And they don't like it!. It was bad enough the UK leaving, but the thought of us owning something that they badly need, must really be sticking in their craw.
Hence the encouraging of blockades if they don't get their way.

Well, we told Delores what we thought of him, so if the cap fits of being a ''Little Englander'' so be it, - I will say exactly the same now to the Napolean Pygmy...UP YOURS!

Now I am reverting back to my ladylike self and going to make dinner.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 06:07 PM

The French haven't a chance of us staying within the CFP.

They need to work what they are being offered, not on what they aren't.

If the EU want to avoid a no deal, the only way is to get rid of Barnier. Ireland is wringing its hands in nervous anticipation as solidarity hits an all time low.

Can't stop laughing ....
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 06:54 PM

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...-latest-update

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/11...Johnson-latest

Bluffing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top