Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 07:30 PM

Illegal migrant or Genuine Asylum seeker?

Just read this Yahoo media article:- https://uk.yahoo.com/news/true-story...170421513.html

Basically Nigel Farage wanted to book a room in the hotel but told he could not because it was not available to the public. Turns out the hotel has been seconded by the government to house asylum seekers who are gong through the motions of trying to gain asylum in the UK. Now here's the crux of the question, Nigel Farage calls them 'illegal migrants' but the paper the Independent who produced the article say the occupants are 'asylum seeker' and thus the basis for the article is to 'put one over' on Mr Farage.

Now my question is this, is your decision making on what you determine to be an illegal migrant or an asylum seeker based on who is the one making that claim?. So, if you are a supporter of Farage, would you say the people in the hotel are illegal migrants or if you are a supporter of the Independent, are they genuine asylum seekers?

Based of past events I would have said the majority of people would have said the occupants of the hotel are illegal migrants looking to claim asylum. Would you agree with that?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 07:36 PM

Re: Illegal migrant or Genuine Asylum seeker?

I'd call them nothing and simply say ... they shouldn't be there at tax payers expense whilst fighting for the right to remain in the UK.

They could be called illegal immigrants, asylum seekers, economic migrants or refugees .... it makes no difference.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 07:43 PM

Your question is hypothetical. Best give them the benefit of the doubt.

But, why did Farage want to book a room in the hotel not available to the public?

OK don't answer that.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 07:50 PM

If they came here by boat and not through the proper channels then they are obviously illegals, as any one of us would be trying it on in another Country.

Yes, I am a supporter of Nige.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 08:08 PM

Looks nice. And yes, nige is a national treasure.

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Your question is hypothetical. Best give them the benefit of the doubt.

But, why did Farage want to book a room in the hotel not available to the public?

OK don't answer that.
Absolutely do NOT give any of them the benefit of the doubt. Any GENUINE person seeking political asylum would have claimed asylum the moment they set foot into somewhere safe which I would say was anywhere that would feed them, protect them, and look after their physical needs which would have been anywhere in the "old" Common Market countries.

Legally they can delay applying for asylum in any EU nation state but if they were genuine they would not be selective in the way that the SOB's are.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I'd call them nothing and simply say ... they shouldn't be there at tax payers expense whilst fighting for the right to remain in the UK.

They could be called illegal immigrants, asylum seekers, economic migrants or refugees .... it makes no difference.
Bloody does too!

There's the world of difference between that list. I'd just settle on burglars.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
If they came here by boat and not through the proper channels then they are obviously illegals, as any one of us would be trying it on in another Country.

Ditto, hypothetical hyperbole an exaggerated possibility. Most young men of military age, no documentation to identify them, no idea of any medical illnesses, no idea if they have criminal record. Coming over now en masse.

From 2016

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/9...eaving-germany

Mass migration is also accelerating the Islamization of Germany. Many Germans appear to be losing hope about the future direction of their country.

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/pre...-uk-every-year

The best estimates, including two by former senior Home Office officials, suggest that there may be over one million illegal immigrants in the UK - equivalent to the population of Birmingham, the UK’s second largest city.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

01-08-2020, 08:15 PM

I know. We need to get the gunboats out.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

01-08-2020, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I know. We need to get the gunboats out.
Nah.

Just identify a mozzie gene and genetically modify a lethal pathogen that will attack it and it alone.

Sorted!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top