Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 06:13 PM

Surfermom's Great Labradoodle Encounter

Situation:

I am running in a large sportsplex where there are ball fields, a track, open areas for running, etc. There is a sign at the entrance that reads, “No Pets.” I am a rule follower, but understand the frustration of pet owners who have few places to exercise their pets off leash in our community.

On my running course, I can see that there is an older couple with a labradoodle. They are throwing a soft frisbee and the dog is retrieving it. They see me coming, but do nothing to restrain their dog other than to continue to distract him with the frisbee.

As I run by, all seems well until the friendly dog is suddenly under my feet, hopping about and being very playful. I had anticipated this as a possibility.

The owner is repeatedly shouting the dog’s name.

What do you think happened next? What did the owner do, what did the dog do, and what did I do?

What was the outcome?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 06:17 PM

Re: Surfermom's Great Labradoodle Encounter

The dog knocked you over?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 06:27 PM

I forgot the important question, "What did the owner do?"

Good guess! However, I initially managed with a lot of hopping about to prevent getting tangled up with the dog.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

12-08-2020, 07:32 PM

In effort to move this along...

The first hint is that the owners were a fair amount older, and the exuberant showed no signs of retreating.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 07:37 PM

You took the dog home to live with you?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
You took the dog home to live with you?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
In effort to move this along...

The first hint is that the owners were a fair amount older, and the exuberant showed no signs of retreating.
One of them tried to restrain the exuberant dog ... fell ... and broke a hip and you had to accompany them to the hospital along with the distraught other-half.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 09:11 PM

A runner's nightmare Surfermom......
I hope your toe is still intact ........If not, I hope the dog owners are well insured......I also hope you took photographs....They don't have a leg to stand on......But I hope you did Surfer....
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 09:15 PM

The owners told you off for getting in the dogs way!
After which you snapped their frisbee and hurdled the dog as you continued on your run?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 09:16 PM

The dog ran with you because it needed proper exercise which it's elderly owners can't do.
The couple sat and watched with big smiles on their faces.
Dog tired out. Job done.
Couple were ecstatic and invited you back for tea.
You had to carry the dog as it was so exhausted.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top