Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 10:40 PM

Re...Sanitisers Provided In Shops/Supermarkets?

Some of the hand sanitisers offered to customers in shops have horrible perfume smells.
Marks and Spencer’s hand sanitiser was the worst smelling and was really sickly. Even when l washed it off, l could still smell it.
Have you noticed the various smells of the hand sanitisers? Or are you just grateful that they supply them?

Regarding the trolley sanitising sprays. The jobsworth Sainsbury’s supermarket assistant on the door said, l would rust the trolley by spraying the handle and that l should spray it onto the cloth first and then wipe the handle.

Errrmm, Mr Jobsworth, don’t trolleys that are left out in the rain get rusty??
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 11:21 PM

Re: Re...Sanitisers Provided In Shops/Supermarkets?

As I said in another thread somewhere, some of the sanitizers irriate my hands, Art.
I mostly wear disposal gloves now.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
As I said in another thread somewhere, some of the sanitizers irriate my hands, Art.

Me too Mups. I do put the shop's sanitiser over the gloves though when I get into a shop. I know that seems overkill but if I wear the same gloves in different shops then it seems only fair to others.

It's funny but I have some M&S sanitiser and it does smell sickly, but the good thing about it is that it doesn't make your skin sting like the others.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Me too Mups. I do put the shop's sanitiser over the gloves though when I get into a shop. I know that seems overkill but if I wear the same gloves in different shops then it seems only fair to others.

It's funny but I have some M&S sanitiser and it does smell sickly, but the good thing about it is that it doesn't make your skin sting like the others.

Hah, so do I, Annie.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Indeed ..... the sanitisers vary in constituents, consistency and quality - I use my preferred brand when I'm out .....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 03:19 AM

Most of the sanitisers I have encountered here are without any smell. Actually I can't recall any that were perfumed.

I do find it annoying when the container is empty and you have to find someone to replace it.

Coles also provides disinfectant wipes to clean the trolley and basket handles whereas Woollies does not. The malls also have sanitisers at every entrance as well as individual shops providing them.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 04:56 AM

I've never yet seen anyone wipe down a trolley or basket or use hand sanitizer when entering a shop. I don't either.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 05:34 AM

I could get drunk on the smell of some of the santisers, they smell really boozy.

I do sanitize, they don't irritate my skin like they do some people.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I could get drunk on the smell of some of the santisers, they smell really boozy.
You'd hope they do smell boozy because unless they are at least 70% alcohol they are useless. That's probably why the breweries and ethanol producers have geared up production to the point that we have a surplus of hand sanitisers.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 08:08 AM

I never even notice just use them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top