Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 11:48 PM

New clothes

They were asking on tv today - "Could you go a whole year without buying any new clothes?"

I think I could, as I rarely go anywhere that warrants dressing up, but what about you?
When did you last buy anything brand new?

It may well be easier for the men not to be tempted, but I bet some of the ladies would struggle.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 05:23 AM

Re: New clothes

Originally Posted by Mups ->
They were asking on tv today - "Could you go a whole year without buying any new clothes?"

I think I could, as I rarely go anywhere that warrants dressing up, but what about you?

It may well be easier for the men not to be tempted, but I bet some of the ladies would struggle.
Are we including underwear in this? If so - I bought 6 x new bras and 6 x pairs of stockings last October. Cotton petticoats seem to be extinct so had to buy the fabric and make my own. Haven't bought any top clothes for a long time - don't really need them as the wardrobes are quite well stocked.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 05:30 AM

Ooooo I wouldn't want to go a year without buying clothes but I could if I had to. I love to wear new clothes, especially since I lost weight. I haven't bought anything new for a least 2 weeks LOL
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 06:08 AM

I normally go a whole year and longer without buying clothes. My clothes tend to last about five years apart from socks. Anyway, clothes are overrated.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 06:43 AM

I tend to have stuff bought on my behalf, guess I have become a bit slack, about buying Slacks.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 07:28 AM

This year I have brought one tee shirt
One dress (on sale haven’t worn yet )
One pair of rip cord jeans ( on sale in Australia .)

That’s my lot and I didn’t really need any of the above .

So I could live very easily without buying any clothes .

I want to get rid of stuff not buy more
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 07:53 AM

I would find it hard. Every wardrobe in our 3 bedroom house if full of my clothes - except a small area I've allowed for Tony. I'm addicted to stylish dresses to wear when I go on holiday or somewhere posh but with the collapse of Shearing's and the terrible time I had at Warner's last week my 2 main holiday suppliers are gone.

I was only saying to myself last week 'I might as well have a sort out & give all my dressed up clothes to charity'

I never get dressed up at home. We never go anywhere posh - just to Wetherspoons or the local pub/restaurant.

I do also have an addiction for casual clothes - I love Falmer's shirt tops & have quite a collection.

The last time I bought anything was 3 weeks ago - a casual top & a denim dress (online from Roman Originals) - both of which I wore at Warners last week.

The high street shops & online shops would have to closed down. It's the only way to prevent me going in them!!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

I buy something new each year, in Autumn it is usually a couple of pairs of jeans for the winter (well July and August anyway) and in spring I buy a couple of pairs of denim shorts for wearing the rest of the year.

About once a year I buy 10 white T shirts and a similar number of boxer shorts to complete my ensemble.

It's not that they wear out quickly but I like a lot because I wear clean each day and I only want to have to do laundry every 10 days or so. 10+ pairs of shorts is the limiting factor and I throw out a couple of worn out pairs each year.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 08:46 AM

I have no interest in clothes buying as l buy classic clothes that never go out of fashion and last well.
The very thought of traipsing shops looking at clothes fills me with dread. I would rather go to an art gallery or a garden centre.

As long as my hair is nice, freshly washed and my face has some subtle make up on. l am not bothered.
It is not the clothes you wear, it is the smile you wear.

People who judge you on what you wear are shallow.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have no interest in clothes buying as l buy classic clothes that never go out of fashion and last well.
You can't get more classic than plain white T shirt, denim shorts and joggers or thongs (flip flops to you). I don't have to agonise over what I will wear because it is the same every day.

I do have one suit, one collared shirt and a tie for funerals and weddings.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top