Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 08:13 AM

Good morning Friday.

Good morning everybody.

I've got to go to hospital this morning for a swab test for the corona virus & MRSA.
If all is ok, they will go ahead with my throat operation on Monday ... Whew - I'll be glad when that's over - beginning to feel a bit nervous!!!

I plan on doing some jobs in the garden this afternoon & also expecting a visit from daughter Karen. As I am supposed to be isolating we will sit in the garden a long way apart.
She's bringing me some shopping to see me through the next few days. We have a co-op just around the corner but Tony hasn't the confidence to go in there in his own.

Have a good day all.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 08:23 AM

Re: Good morning Friday.

Humph! Overcast and cold today and while it is warming up over the weekend storms and large to giant hail are forecast but hopefully I will get the rain but not the storms. Desperately need the rain.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 09:50 AM

Good morning everyone another lovely day to make the best of before autumn wind and rain sets in.

Beans picked and washing hung out I am awaiting an order from Waitrose and will then make some ginger biscuits for the children .

Enjoy your day
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 10:06 AM

Good morning all another beautiful day.

I went to the Garden Centre yesterday with my daughter to buy some winter pansies. We both bought two trays of 20 plants each so that should keep us busy for a while.
Also had a surprise seeing the GC all decorated up for Christmas, singing reindeers as well!

Starting the planting this afternoon.

Enjoy your day everyone
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 10:08 AM

Carol, I hope all goes well for your operation next Monday - good luck.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 01:03 PM

Thank you Mags. I'm only a day case - having a lipoma removed from my throat.

Went for the covid swab test this morning. It was awful. I made more than a bit of noise when they pushed the tube up my nose & down my throat!! I didn't think it was going to hurt!!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

18-09-2020, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Thank you Mags. I'm only a day case - having a lipoma removed from my throat.

Went for the covid swab test this morning. It was awful. I made more than a bit of noise when they pushed the tube up my nose & down my throat!! I didn't think it was going to hurt!!!
Eek! Thanks for the warning Carol! I like to watch the faces of the public on TV when they have it done, and none of them appear to react to the swabs so I do wonder if they really do a not so back of the throat one ‘just for the camera’ so as not to scare people off.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

18-09-2020, 01:53 PM

Mags I had two tubes used on me. One was pushed up my nostril and as far round the bend as it would go.

The other was pushed down my throat to my tonsils.

Both were painful but the nostril one was worst. I thought my nose was going to bleed!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 04:11 PM

Hi

Good afternoon all.
I am back in my least favorite hospital, admitted last night.
Had my covid test again but looks like I will be in tonight as well., more heart problems.

Have a good day all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

18-09-2020, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Good afternoon all.
I am back in my least favorite hospital, admitted last night.
Had my covid test again but looks like I will be in tonight as well., more heart problems.

Have a good day all.
Sorry to hear that Swimmy, I hope you’ll feel better soon...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top