Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 10:07 AM

Are There Any More At Home Like You?

There are a few, as the song goes.

The reason for asking:-

There is a young Lady, living next door, who I see, going past my window, almost daily.

She's very visibly pregnant.

However, this week,as I came back from holiday, I saw a couple of nurses/midwives come out of her house.

Then, later, she came out and there was no longer a bump!

I thought, "Wow", I'll go over and congratulate her.

My daughter said No, wait & see, she may have miscarried.

Panic - what to say, what to do!

A couple of days later, the problem was solved. She and her identical visiting sister came out together. One pregnant, one not!

I wonder how many people have siblings who are so alike that similar mistakes can easily be made?

(Note: yes, I am a wally for not knowing there were a pair)

Are there any more at home like you?
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 10:39 AM

Re: Are There Any More At Home Like You?

:easily done...when I was in primary school there were twin brothers in my class, so identical the only way we could tell them apart was one wore glasses
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 12:34 PM

Nope! I am a one off, Ted.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 12:45 PM

Today, the Baby came out!

it's a girl!

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 12:51 PM

Years ago, I had a doppelgänger in Spain - friends of mine took his photograph to prove to me that I had been seen in Alicante, a place I had never visited .....
welshlion
Vale of Glam,Wales,U.K.
welshlion is male  welshlion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 04:04 PM

Although one my brothers and I are 2 years apart in age, I have frequently been mistaken for him. I am the older one....
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 04:51 PM

No, not with my particular lot, but we have several sets of twins in our huge local family. My brother married an identical twin, she had twins, a boy and girl, the boy married and had twins (boy and girl) and his twin sister and husband adopted two gorgeous one-year old identical twin girls.
Believe it or not, my late mum's sister had 13 children over in Ireland, 4 sets of twins!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 07:48 PM

Yes, our neighbours. We have the nicest couple who are our neighbours. He bought the house when he was 21, she 19. Anyway he’s got an identical brother. I cannot tell them apart. Sometimes the brother comes over to help and I can’t tell the difference between them. Our houses are not very close so one day I went over to see. Lol.
Yep. Identical.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 08:48 PM

My Aunties were twins, one was born the DAY BEFORE the other!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 10:08 PM

I have twins, a boy and a girl. It's surprising how many people kept asking me if they were identical in their younger days, it got a bit tiring to keep saying a boy and a girl can't be identical!

They definitely are different now - daughter is 5ft 5 and son is 6ft 1!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top