Join for free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 07:02 PM

Coronavirus: Test and Trace App.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52820592

A massive system to find people who come into close contact with those infected with coronavirus will start in England on Thursday, Boris Johnson has said.

The aim of the test and trace system is to move from lockdown for all towards more targeted measures.

However, scientists have warned it is not a "magic bullet" and may prevent between 5% and 15% of infections.

What will I have to do now?

As is currently the case, anyone who develops symptoms of coronavirus - a persistent cough, fever or a sudden loss of taste or sense of smell - will have to isolate for seven days and the rest of their household for 14 days.

The difference is that from Thursday, everyone with symptoms should ask for a test online or call 119.

If the test comes back negative, everyone in your household can go back to normal.

But if the test comes back positive, the NHS Test and Trace team will get in touch - via text, email or phone call - to discuss who you have come into close contact with.

Any of those contacts deemed at risk of catching the virus will be instructed by the NHS to go into isolation for 14 days, whether they are sick or not.

They will be tested only if they develop symptoms. The rest of their household does not have to isolate, unless someone becomes ill.
There's much more detail in the article - please read .....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 09:28 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Test and Trace App.

What happens with the new app if:
a) You don't know the person or they don't have the app?
b) The person is a health worker or your GP or a nurse in a ward you're in for some other reason?
c) If a child or teacher gets it and the whole class has to self isolate after just going back to school?
Just a few of the questions I would like answered.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 10:29 PM

Just keep on keeping your distance, until further notice, at the moment, politeness may be compromising common sense.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 11:29 PM

Many already think lockdown is over so I guess this is an ok to go back to your regular life?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 11:41 PM

I'm getting the gist of this .... I think.
It's in preference to lockdown.

I'm over simplifying here but ......
Whether you bother with a downloadable app on your smartphone or not ... if you develop Corona symptoms, from Thursday morning (tomorrow) you notify 111 online and are entitled to a test.
You inform them of anyone you've had close contact with.
Definition of close: Standing 1 metre next to someone for 15 minutes.
If you come back negative you can go out. You come back positive you have to isolate at hone, along with your family.
The recruited' tracers' hunt down any names you have given them.

It's not a bad idea. Haven't Europe been doing it for ages? Isn't this why they reckon Germany got ontop of it so quick?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Many already think lockdown is over so I guess this is an ok to go back to your regular life?

I seriously doubt it. Epidemiologists are now saying that Covid-19 has become endemic, even if a vaccine is developed. In other words it is here to stay, just like measles, chicken pox and the common cold. They say that as the virus burns through the worlds population, some people will eventually develop a natural immunity. This however will take decades. A vaccine, will assist the human body in fighting off the virus, but not a total immunity.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 12:26 AM

I had an email tonight saying I could apply for an antibody test online.
I can't remember who it was from, and I've deleted it now.
They wanted £69 to do the test!

I think I agree with Bakerman when he says this virus is here to stay. If/when it goes now, I have a horrible feeling it will be back later.

Do you remember in the earlier days, they were saying it couldn't survive heat?
Well that wasn't correct was it, because it seems to have survived well enough in all the hot weather we've had in May.

As for this App thing - I would never be able to understand that. I don't even know how to download an App.
We're not all technical wizards y'know.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
What happens with the new app if:
a) You don't know the person or they don't have the app?
b) The person is a health worker or your GP or a nurse in a ward you're in for some other reason?
c) If a child or teacher gets it and the whole class has to self isolate after just going back to school?
Just a few of the questions I would like answered.
Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I'm getting the gist of this .... I think.
It's in preference to lockdown.

I'm over simplifying here but ......
Whether you bother with a downloadable app on your smartphone or not ... if you develop Corona symptoms, from Thursday morning (tomorrow) you notify 111 online and are entitled to a test.
You inform them of anyone you've had close contact with.
Definition of close: Standing 1 metre next to someone for 15 minutes.
If you come back negative you can go out. You come back positive you have to isolate at hone, along with your family.
The recruited' tracers' hunt down any names you have given them.

It's not a bad idea. Haven't Europe been doing it for ages? Isn't this why they reckon Germany got ontop of it so quick?
The NHS contact tracing app is not ready to roll out and was described by Mr Hancock as a "complement". He denied technical issues were delaying its roll out.
So the system is still a "manual" one - basically, you phone in if you think you've got the virus or the NHS phones you if you've been identified as having been incontact with someone who has phoned in.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

I think I agree with Bakerman when he says this virus is here to stay. If/when it goes now, I have a horrible feeling it will be back later.
Exactly. I don't see how we can avoid a 2nd wave from the virus. Too many people are ignoring social distancing and not wearing face masks. If they want to play Russian roulette, that's up to them , but they are putting other peoples lives in danger.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 05:29 AM

Hi

Track and Trace is a Joke here in the UK.

Minimum wage with no training, Privatised.

Chris Whitty, Chief Scientist said on one of the Government Briefings, that we had a great deal of expertise here here in the UK and specifically mentioned EHOs.

I am an EHO and ex staff are used to doing Contract Tracing day in and day out.

Food Poisoning, Legionella, Exotic Diseases.

Totally excluded because the Government have privatised the system and are not sharing the information with Local Public Health Directors.

Another thing.

Opening up of shops and Factories.

The Government have said that any concerns will be dealt with by inspections of those shops and Factories.

What they did not say is that we the capacity to inspect shops and Factories once every 50 years.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top