Join for free
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 10:30 AM

Is it April Fool's day already?

''Pizza offering! Police confirm Manchester bar’s ‘massive’ 22-INCH pizza slices DO count as a 'substantial meal' - after officers told staff they were breaking Tier 3 Covid rules
Staff at Common bar said police told them the huge slices were not 'substantial'
The gigantic slices of pizza are cut from 22'' slices and measure 11'' in length
The bar in Manchester said officers were 'winging it' as there was 'no proper guidance' and that they could not answer what constituted a 'substantial' meal
Police have since backed down and the bar is allowed to serve slices individually''

It's good to see that Manchester police are concentrating on the things that matter. Forget stabbings, forget robberies and car theft - Step away from the pizza
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 10:52 AM

Re: Is it April Fool's day already?

I have given up, this crazy world is getting too much for me .
I am considering not listening to any more news until April when hopefully a degree of normality may have returned.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am considering not listening to any more news until April when hopefully a degree of normality may have returned.

I know what you mean Meg.
In fact I switched the news off last night as I'd had enough of it.

It even influences conversations with friends and neighbours, it is on every news bulletin day and night, every newspaper and magazine and now, even the adverts on telly are about wearing your mask - and that's without the 500 threads we have on here!

It is past saturation point now.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 11:01 AM

Dongles, dear, any day with you in it is April Fools Day!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 11:33 AM

Good advice Meg, I haven't listened to the BBC news for ages. Except to get the latest government advice. And I am in the habit of muting all the adverts also.....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
''Pizza offering! Police confirm Manchester bar’s ‘massive’ 22-INCH pizza slices DO count as a 'substantial meal' - after officers told staff they were breaking Tier 3 Covid rules
Staff at Common bar said police told them the huge slices were not 'substantial'
The gigantic slices of pizza are cut from 22'' slices and measure 11'' in length
The bar in Manchester said officers were 'winging it' as there was 'no proper guidance' and that they could not answer what constituted a 'substantial' meal
Police have since backed down and the bar is allowed to serve slices individually''

It's good to see that Manchester police are concentrating on the things that matter. Forget stabbings, forget robberies and car theft - Step away from the pizza
That's what happens when you put Billy Bunter in a uniform.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 12:42 PM

Good advice Meg, there's only so much you can take.

We will be following the rules and just tuning in to important information. There is so much repetition on the TV and in the press these days, we don't know where we are.

Roll on 2021 with hopes for a more enjoyable year!
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 04:15 PM

The rules change so often we can't keep up, and I feel so sorry for these places that have to close ,then spend money to make them safe , then have to close again...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Dongles, dear, any day with you in it is April Fools Day!

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

28-10-2020, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
That's what happens when you put Billy Bunter in a uniform.

That's right, how can you judge a substantial meal?

I can just imagine it, five squad cars, armed police and one very frightened pizza maker. Bring back hanging I say.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top