Join for free
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2020, 10:30 AM

Boris, You REALLY ARE The Weakest Link.

Nigel, straighten your tie and buff up those shoes. Looks as though you are going to be busy......

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-talks-no-deal

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...l-update-EU-vn
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2020, 11:18 AM

Re: Boris, You REALLY ARE The Weakest Link.

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Nigel, straighten your tie and buff up those shoes. Looks as though you are going to be busy......

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-talks-no-deal

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...l-update-EU-vn
The current state of affairs in the UK with Brexit and COVID-19 requires an exceptional level of management.

Boris is a journalist and is listening to the wrong people, the 1922 committee are circling and if labour support Boris tonight in the lock-down vote it will be curtains for him.

I'm worried now regarding Brexit, if Boris is caving in then he needs to go.

Meanwhile, Farage is back

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...m-uk-new-anti/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2020, 12:10 PM

You beat me to it, SG.

I saw this article this morning and my first thought was, "OK, Boris. Do it and my vote is going to the Reform Party."

All along, I and many others have hoped that Boris would stand firm and stick to his word, but have always entertained doubts that he would turn out no better than Treason May.

From what I have heard, both in the Express and the Telegraph, I would not be the only one transferring my vote to Nigel.

However, if it turns out that too many of the electorate are weak when it comes to the crunch and daren't vote for something different, it may result in the Loony Party forming the next government, but it doesn't really matter as the damage will have been done if we remain under the rule of the EU.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2020, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You beat me to it, SG.

I saw this article this morning and my first thought was, "OK, Boris. Do it and my vote is going to the Reform Party."

All along, I and many others have hoped that Boris would stand firm and stick to his word, but have always entertained doubts that he would turn out no better than Treason May.

From what I have heard, both in the Express and the Telegraph, I would not be the only one transferring my vote to Nigel.

However, if it turns out that too many of the electorate are weak when it comes to the crunch and daren't vote for something different, it may result in the Loony Party forming the next government, but it doesn't really matter as the damage will have been done if we remain under the rule of the EU.
I think the Labour Party is as split as the conservatives at the moment JBR. Starmer and Corbyn have done irreversible damage to it and Boris and May also to the Conservatives (if Boris caves in to the EU) and over COVID-19.

I've never seen so much support for Boris from the opposition and so little support from his own back benchers - this is really bad, bad news for him (and Starmer)
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2020, 01:09 PM

You beat me to it, SG.

If Boris caves in, then the establishment has won and it is all over !!
There is no time now to organise another campaign with or
without Nigel Farage, and the tories have another 4yrs to go before
we can get rid of them??
If Boris does'nt walk away in the next 2weeks we can assume that
the eu has prevailed and a Brino will be presented as a triumph in
the time between now and christmas ??
What will we do about it!
In my opinion, sweet FA??
Why?
Because allready almost 50% of the population allready want to
remain under the heel of eu? And the whole lot of us have now
got distracted from brexit by the virus and no longer care !!
So, at the very least , the eu will get another 3yrs plundering our
waters with minimal restrictions and all that entails and their
conviction that uk is a spent force will have been confirmed !!
The French will become insufferable and Germany more patronising
And uk will be known as treasure island again.
Our only hope is that we have misjudged Boris and that he is not
the weak reed we think he is??

Donkeyman! 👎👎😟😟👎👎
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2020, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I think the Labour Party is as split as the conservatives at the moment JBR. Starmer and Corbyn have done irreversible damage to it and Boris and May also to the Conservatives (if Boris caves in to the EU) and over COVID-19.

I've never seen so much support for Boris from the opposition and so little support from his own back benchers - this is really bad, bad news for him (and Starmer)
And for us also Bread !!

Donkeyman! 😟😟
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2020, 01:23 PM

You beat me to it, SG.

Indeed, had the same thoughts.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

02-11-2020, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
If Boris caves in, then the establishment has won and it is all over !!
There is no time now to organise another campaign with or
without Nigel Farage, and the tories have another 4yrs to go before
we can get rid of them??
If Boris does'nt walk away in the next 2weeks we can assume that
the eu has prevailed and a Brino will be presented as a triumph in
the time between now and christmas ??
What will we do about it!
In my opinion, sweet FA??
Why?
Because allready almost 50% of the population allready want to
remain under the heel of eu? And the whole lot of us have now
got distracted from brexit by the virus and no longer care !!
So, at the very least , the eu will get another 3yrs plundering our
waters with minimal restrictions and all that entails and their
conviction that uk is a spent force will have been confirmed !!
The French will become insufferable and Germany more patronising
And uk will be known as treasure island again.
Our only hope is that we have misjudged Boris and that he is not
the weak reed we think he is??

Donkeyman! 👎👎😟😟👎👎

Reading the express article, it looks like Boris has given an extra year for the EU to fish our waters, which in my opinion is just kicking the negotiations down the road for another year in order to leave with some kind of deal at the end of the year so Boris can at least claim some sort of victory.

In either case, France will veto so we are still looking at a no-deal anyway, and "me being me" (an eternal optimist) I'm dubious of the credibility of reporting in the Express anyway.

Saying that, other news is reporting no progress at all - so I still think that the result of the USA elections are the real reason why we are seeing so little lack of progress and conflicting reports in the media.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

02-11-2020, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
And for us also Bread !!

Donkeyman! 😟😟
Could be DM .....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

02-11-2020, 01:34 PM

You beat me to it, SG.

My thoughts also JBR, , I dont give a shyte about the tory party as
they only got my vote last time bcause they said they were going in
my direction??
I did support Nigel once, but he seems to be reinventing himself
too much recently?
For instance he changed his name to the Reform Party recently,
but just today there is talk of becoming the anti lockdown party??
Unless Boris pulls out of the negotiations very soon then uk can
forget about any reformation plans imo !!
I think l will have to emigrate again??

Donkeyman! 👎👎

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top