Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 03:43 PM

12 puppies and us

Watching the second show in this series, and feel anger at the woman who introduced a pup into the family home, knowing her husband wasn’t keen on the idea, but then forces him, by bullying, to pet the pup, pick up its poo, walk him, and learn commands.

Sorry, I think she is a selfish bitch. Just because she wanted the dog, and her husband isn’t a dog person, isn’t it just wrong?

True, he is now bonding, as I watch the recording, but to go out without a poo bag in his pocket...he’s breaking the law. (And I never, ever pick up poo without using a poop scoop inside a bag!)
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 04:02 PM

Re: 12 puppies and us

I'm inclined to agree with you Jazzi.
Sounds like the stupid woman only thought of herself.

Apart from the husband not wanting one, the pup itself can feel the difference between being cuddled by someone who loves it, and someone who is grudgingly hanging on to it.

Not saying the husband is at fault though, not everyone likes dogs or any other pets.
You either do, or you don't.

The breeder should shoulder some responsibility too.
I would never have let one of mine go in those circumstances.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 04:05 PM

I was angry about the girl with the border collie. She really had no idea. She wanted to have a good bond with her pup but kept it outside in a barn. The pup itself didn't seem to have much in the way of border collie traits and the girl had little idea of what to do to help the pup. The poor pup ended up getting run over on the road. Sad end.

I also didn't think much of the woman with the fluffy hairless crested pup being used as a replacement child and wheeled around in a pram and being dressed up. Silly woman.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I was angry about the girl with the border collie. She really had no idea. She wanted to have a good bond with her pup but kept it outside in a barn. The pup itself didn't seem to have much in the way of border collie traits and she had little idea of what to do. The poor pup ended up getting run over on the road. Sad end.

So this ignoramus took a pup from the only family it had known, and shut it in a barn alone??

No thought whatsoever about the emotional damage, fear, lonliness, cold, or sibling separation.
I am sorry, but what a cow.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I was angry about the girl with the border collie. She really had no idea. She wanted to have a good bond with her pup but kept it outside in a barn. The pup itself didn't seem to have much in the way of border collie traits and the girl had little idea of what to do to help the pup. The poor pup ended up getting run over on the road. Sad end.
I was so upset when I learnt that Border Collie puppy 'Meg' had been killed on the road
I noted the young owner out for a walk in a country lane with the puppy off lead and I shuddered worried about the possibility of a car coming .
A very sad ending indeed to a young dog.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 05:12 PM

On the whole I am enjoying the programme which has a 'voice over' some of the time advising of best practice when a new owner performs some action.

It was good to see the woman with the rescue dog following the right steps and introducing her other dogs on neutral ground and allowing all the dogs to meet indoors gradually .

The look on the rescue dogs face displaying the 'soft eye' expression said it all, I am home and safe
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 06:53 PM

Yes, poor pup Meg. She seemed to do well but I also agree, why keep it in a barn. I know it was because she was a working dog, and the others in the family were also in the barn. The pup had company, sort of, but they each had their own pen. When I think of Holly curling up behind or beside my pillow and plonking her muzzle next to my face, or her head against mine, I think ‘that is what dog ownership is all about!’

I even said out loud ‘oh nooooo’ when I read that about her death.

Oh that woman dressing up that poor dog and keeping it in a pram! Does it ever get to stretch its legs?

Mups, Sage’s ‘dad’ was or is in no way a doggy person. You are right, you either are or you aren’t. Did you watch the first episode when his wife tried to put the pup on his lap/in his hands and he was shying away. I was furious at her selfishness. Telling him he needed to step up, to clear up after it. I’d have left her and started divorce proceedings.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 08:16 PM

I started watching this but switched off when that stupid woman with the replacement for her beloved Hugo? was encouraging the poor animal to leap at her husband. Could see an accident waiting to happen there.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-11-2020, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetsue ->
I started watching this but switched off when that stupid woman with the replacement for her beloved Hugo? was encouraging the poor animal to leap at her husband. Could see an accident waiting to happen there.

I think I would have been too annoyed to watch any more of it too.
I get too upset and frustrated seeing people like that with animals.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-11-2020, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Watching the second show in this series, and feel anger at the woman who introduced a pup into the family home, knowing her husband wasn’t keen on the idea, but then forces him, by bullying, to pet the pup, pick up its poo, walk him, and learn commands.

Sorry, I think she is a selfish bitch. Just because she wanted the dog, and her husband isn’t a dog person, isn’t it just wrong?

True, he is now bonding, as I watch the recording, but to go out without a poo bag in his pocket...he’s breaking the law. (And I never, ever pick up poo without using a poop scoop inside a bag!)

When was this programme on, and what channel please Jazzi?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top