Join for free
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 07:15 PM

Take A Tip From Me!

Going to the Tip used to be an agonising experience..
Join a long queue on arrival, show your credentials, unload your stuff under the watchful eyes of the staff.

Since the big Virus, it's now just a case of making a booking, on line, driving down there at the right time, empty out.

No Queues, in and out, pronto.

I wonder how many other household chores have improved so much since the Covid environment got going?

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 08:03 PM

Re: Take A Tip From Me!

That’s interesting to know Ted,never knew that you booked online....thanks for that info.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 10:32 PM

Yep, it used to be one slot every two weeks, now you can book nearly every day, good for a geezer with loads of baggage.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Going to the Tip used to be an agonising experience..
Join a long queue on arrival, show your credentials, unload your stuff under the watchful eyes of the staff.

Since the big Virus, it's now just a case of making a booking, on line, driving down there at the right time, empty out.

No Queues, in and out, pronto.

I wonder how many other household chores have improved so much since the Covid environment got going?

We haven't got any system like that Ted?

There used to be a webcam at our local tip, so you could look and get an idea of how busy it is before you went, but they have even stopped that now.

Our local site is only open 3 days a week, and they won't allow queuing outside either. There is a notice saying police patrol and if there are queues on the road outside we will get moved on.

I believe they also have a new rule to say we have to take a document with our address on it to prove we are local and not travelling in from out of the local area.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top