Join for free
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2020, 11:58 AM

It's official: the SNP "Negatively affected the dynamic" of Brexit!

Our government have published a letter from Michael Gove to the SNP's External Affairs minister which says that basically the SNP's meeting with EU officials were not only outside the Scottish Government's remit (since devolved powers specifically exclude international relations) but also that these talks have negatively impacted Brexit, to the detriment of all UK peoples including Scots.

".... has been detrimental to the overall UK position and has negatively affected thenegotiating dynamic. In particular, the EU appears to have concluded from these contacts that EU offensive asks (for example onfisheries access and the permanent maintenance of the status quo on unfair Common Fisheries Policy quotas) are outcomes the Scottish Government, and perhaps even more damagingly, Scottishstakeholders, support. This is highly regrettable and damaging to UK interests including in Scotland "
https://assets.publishing.service.go.../CDL_to_MR.pdf

Let's see if our mainstream media cover this - and what they make of it?

I see Order Order are covering it, and the comments afterwards from fellow Scots hearten me as a Scot myself.
Comments like:
"To my fellow countrymen and women, please take the time to look back at the last independence vote, see what was promised, then see the reality, then wake up to the fact that the SNP are trying to sell that bonkers but exactly the same, plan again, don't allow the SNP to take Scotland back to the 1600's they talk the talk of William Wallace but are in reality Ran C Nesbit."

And then from another:
"As a fellow Scot I endorse everything you've said, with one exclusion: Rab C Nesbitt was very funny, but the SNP are anything but.
The SNP will do for Scotland what the Darien Scheme did for it in the late 17th Century - bankrupt it and lose its independence, but the EU will not treat Scotland as well as the Union does.
How so many of my fellow Scots can vote for the SNP simply on the grounds that they hate the English is beyond all reason or credibility."

Hopefully such comments (these are not unique) will show others that not so many Scottish people are pro-SNP as the vocal minority & Sturgeon et al would have you believe.

https://order-order.com/2020/11/23/s...ions/#comments
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 01:51 PM

Re: It's official: the SNP "Negatively affected the dynamic" of Brexit!

Well, watched BBC1, BBC2, ITV, CH4, Sky News, Euronews and Al Jazeera. Still not one mention of the above.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top