Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2020, 02:07 PM

Nikon lens v Tamron lens

Just an experiment to satisfy my curiosity

thought I would do a side by side comparison between these two lenses. The main objective was sharpness not colour or brightness. Maybe a slightly different distance but only by a couple of inches where I was standing, zoomed in to the same amount on each photo

So used the same camera on the same settings. the top row was using the Nikon lens and the bottom set the Tamron lens

On fhe left taken at f2.8 and on the right f8. Both at 70mm
looks as though "focus breathing" comes into play as well as one appears near than the other. That is the distance the lens sees the subject at

To my eyes the lower Tamron lens produces a sharper picture in both cases, Amazing how two different makes are in the finished photo
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 12:39 AM

Re: Nikon lens v Tamron lens

There is a lot to be said for the Tamron lenses - far superior to the Sigma lenses.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
There is a lot to be said for the Tamron lenses - far superior to the Sigma lenses.
yes the new G2 versions are even better than the originals
I was lucky to get the SP24-70mm f2.8 Di VC USD G2
for £675 new from e-infin.com They have since put up their price to £739.

The main dealers are asking £1100/1200 so I got a real bargain

this is even better than the Nikon G version
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 01:49 AM

At last you have something in focus
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

05-12-2020, 02:08 AM

All your BS about previous OOF pictures were wrong it was the lens.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
All your BS about previous OOF pictures were wrong it was the lens.
Irrespective of it being the lens or not, they were still out of focus and you just proved it

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top