Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 08:45 PM

The cheek of some people

My husband just saw this on facebook and it's too funny not to share.

It was someone asking if anyone knew this guy (a picture) and underneath it said:

Does anyone know this guy??? I recently listed my washer dryer for sale for £200. He came to pick it up in a white van but wanted to see it working first so he brought a big bag of laundry in and put it on a quick wash/dry cycle. After it finished he said he’d go get the money from the van, then he jumped in and drove off with his clean washing 😤

That's what you call a clean getaway.

I think its probably a wind up but all the same it really gave us a laugh.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 09:53 PM

Re: The cheek of some people

That’s so funny! Thanks for the laugh
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->

It was someone asking if anyone knew this guy (a picture) and underneath it said:

Does anyone know this guy??? I recently listed my washer dryer for sale for £200. He came to pick it up in a white van but wanted to see it working first so he brought a big bag of laundry in and put it on a quick wash/dry cycle. After it finished he said he’d go get the money from the van, then he jumped in and drove off with his clean washing 😤

Okay. Point taken. I won't do it again.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->

I call it FAKE because if someone is selling such an item it would have been unplumbed from the system already and only the worst idiot in the world would plumb it back up to show it working. I know there are idiots in the world but to do what it says was done in the facebook post goes a level way beyond idiocy.

Also, it would take more than 10 mins to clean a load of laundry. The buyer is not going to have the seller hanging around that long to make a decision, hence why i call it FAKE, unless the person is the worlds worst idiot.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Okay. Point taken. I won't do it again.

Hah, I was just going to tell Queeny it was probably you.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Hah, I was just going to tell Queeny it was probably you.
Yeah, well he just busted himself, I wasn't going to say anything, silly man eh
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

29-11-2020, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
I call it FAKE because if someone is selling such an item it would have been unplumbed from the system already and only the worst idiot in the world would plumb it back up to show it working. I know there are idiots in the world but to do what it says was done in the facebook post goes a level way beyond idiocy.

Also, it would take more than 10 mins to clean a load of laundry. The buyer is not going to have the seller hanging around that long to make a decision, hence why i call it FAKE, unless the person is the worlds worst idiot.
Its a wind up Dodgy, I just tried to imagine it really happening and found it really funny, but that's me and my sense of humour.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 11:41 PM

It made me laugh although it probably is 'spin'
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
I call it FAKE because if someone is selling such an item it would have been unplumbed from the system already and only the worst idiot in the world would plumb it back up to show it working..
It may well be a fake but not for this reason, for example my washing machine is connected to the water supply in the laundry via a hose, it takes a matter of seconds to connect or disconnect. So this is the worst reason for it being a fake.

I always wash clothes in cold water so I have never connected a hose to the hot tap

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-11-031.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	14191  
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
It may well be a fake but not for this reason, for example my washing machine is connected to the water supply in the laundry via a hose, it takes a matter of seconds to connect or disconnect. So this is the worst reason for it being a fake.

I always wash clothes in cold water so I have never connected a hose to the hot tap
Don't think it's been possible to buy a washing machine with both hot and cold inlets for a fair few number of years (In the UK anyway).

However, the timing of a basic wash and dry would surely be a minimum of an hour, so the likelihood of it being a fake story remains.

What is not fake is when I briefly tried to sell kirby vacuum cleaners many years ago. A potential customer called for a demo with the sole purpose of getting me to clean a stained bedroom carpet for free, which was part of the demo routine. He had no intention of buying the machine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top