Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 07:47 PM

Already seeing the benefits of Brexit

Here from Guido

https://order-order.com/2020/12/02/g...ccine-rollout/
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 08:11 PM

Re: Already seeing the benefits of Brexit

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Here from Guido

https://order-order.com/2020/12/02/g...ccine-rollout/
We almost certainly will start to see other benefits quickly in the new year.
I can almost hear the denialists from here - but this is why:
As the world recovers from covid, global trade will see a boom.
This really will favour an independent country like a post-Brexit Britain.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 10:25 AM

This is probably the best place to post this:

"Exporters 'forge new opportunities' outside EU post-Brexit"

' Gwynne Master, global head of trade for Lloyds Bank, said: “While the clock is counting down to the end of the UK’s post-EU transition period, British businesses are building toward the future and forging new opportunities around the world. These findings are the start of a new chapter in the story of global British business and trade.” '
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...u-post-brexit/

The very first line of that report says that one-fifth of UK exporters have shifted trade away from the EU since the referendum and goes on later to say that a survey of UK business showed that over a quarter had diversified outside of the EU.

So what I have said before seems to be coming true; once free of the EU we can trade where we want with an opportunity to benefit from the inevitable surge in global trade when the world recovers from the effects of the pandemic.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 02:20 PM

Once we are finally out, up and running, we should have a close look at all the financial waste which was created by those who tried every trick to stop us.

I bet the UK loss to our pockets is massive due to all those times when the remainers tried every trick, legal case, dirty tackle, consorting with the enemy, (ex PMs, etc) in a vain attempt to ensure we won't profit from leaving.

Some remainers I know, are now telling me that they were on our side the whole time!

There should be a reckoning!
Zaphod
Lincs UK

06-12-2020, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Once we are finally out, up and running, we should have a close look at all the financial waste which was created by those who tried every trick to stop us.

I bet the UK loss to our pockets is massive due to all those times when the remainers tried every trick, legal case, dirty tackle, consorting with the enemy, (ex PMs, etc) in a vain attempt to ensure we won't profit from leaving.

Some remainers I know, are now telling me that they were on our side the whole time!

I would love to see such a thing - especially when there is so much harping-on about inquiries into (for example) covid-related things like the purchasing of PPE.

Why should the scheming MP's and so-called "celebrities" who went to speak to a variety of EU politicians without the approval of government get off scot-free when it is widely accepted that their actions have led to the EU's current stance because their opinions were seen as representative of the UK?
It took a General Election before most of these duplicitous schemers were outed.

Especially if there are indeed any longer-term upsets of any nature as the result of a no deal Brexit I personally would like to see each and every politician and "celebrity" outside of official negotiators and ministers who visited any EU politician after June 23rd 2016 to face a public inquiry asking why they did so, and to face prosecution if found to have caused material harm to the Brexit process by their actions.

It really is time that those guilty of dirty tricks face the consequences of their misdeeds.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

We haven't heard much from Gina Millar lately.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

06-12-2020, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
We haven't heard much from Gina Millar lately.
The Gina Miller that didn't realise that she was in fact more of a help to the Brexit cause than the hindrance she wanted so much to be?

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...ift-to-brexit/
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 04:48 PM

It looks to me like her financial backers took one look at the results of her legal campaigns and ran for them thar hills, taking their wallets with them and leaving her stranded.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 07:25 PM

Hi

I simply do not get these comments.

I may be wrong, time will tell.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

07-12-2020, 09:37 AM

"The government should set out early wins from leaving without a deal"
https://johnredwoodsdiary.com/2020/1...ithout-a-deal/

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top