Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 02:50 PM

What Masks do you wear?

Hi

The ones we are recommended to wear are to stop you spreading the virus.

They are not to protect you from being infected.

How many of you use FFPP2 or FFPP3 masks?

How many of you wear two pairs of gloves when you go out and sanitise them before you wear them or sanitise te second pait before you get back into the car?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 02:59 PM

Re: What Masks do you wear?

Disposable PPE masks while in the supermarket, a plastic full-face visor while working in people's homes. My glasses steam up if wearing a mask. Trouble with the visor is it makes me look like a Lego man has it has a yellow strip across the top.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 03:28 PM

I have many masks, none of which fit me properly & it's cost me a fortune buying them all. I do wear one when in shops. I have now bought face visors which seem better, though I don't think they are long enough. Have yet to wear one in public. I will wear one when we do the charity tree on Monday instead of a mask.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 04:05 PM

I have a snood. A regular mask interferes with the hearing aid.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 04:13 PM

I have a selection of 3- and 4-ply reusable cotton masks (most with filter pockets) which I re-sanitise after each wash.

Regarding visors, I'm not aware that they're particularly effective unless used with a mask:

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coron...-19/types.html

Visors and face shields

Visors are not the best option for protecting yourself and others from COVID-19.

Visors may stop some spread of droplets from your nose or mouth. This is better than not wearing any face covering. But visors should only be worn if you have an illness or impairment that makes wearing a face covering difficult.

How to wear a visor

The visor should wrap around the sides of your face (ear to ear) and extend to below the chin. Reusable visors should be cleaned after each use and then stored in a clean place until needed.

You should still wear a mask if you:
  • have COVID-19, think you have COVID-19 or are waiting on a test result
  • are caring for someone with COVID-19 or who has symptoms of COVID-19
  • are self-isolating and you cannot keep 2 metres between you and other people in your household
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 05:24 PM

Having originally made my own mask , when I realised C19 was here to stay I did some research into best masks including on the 'Which ' site. I ordered one they recommended from Trumask which has a pocket that holds a disposable internal filter lining .

The mask has adjustable togs and fits snuggly and although the original linings are no loner available I manage to find some in Boots ...
Filter up to 95% of non-oily, airborne particles. Each filter provides 95% on non-oily, airborne particle filtration and is effective for up to 40 hours. The filter must be replaced on reaching the maximum usage as it will no longer be effective.
https://www.boots.com/the-body-docto...-pack-10285765

Having gone to the trouble to source a good mask on the 2 occasions I have been to hospital I was not allowed to wear my own mask and was given a cheap alternative.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 05:39 PM

I have five F24As and a couple of ScudA450mm. I don't bother with the gloves.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I have a snood. A regular mask interferes with the hearing aid.
I wear washable, reusable masks that are supposed to hook around the ears but I've attached an extra piece of elastic to go round the back of my neck. I pull it down when no one's around, hook it over my nose when close to people.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I wear washable, reusable masks that are supposed to hook around the ears but I've attached an extra piece of elastic to go round the back of my neck. I pull it down when no one's around, hook it over my nose when close to people.
If you pull the cord do your eyes light up?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
If you pull the cord do your eyes light up?
It's just a floppy piece of fabric, looks nice but impossible through. It's all loose underneath around the chin so I'm able to breath that way. If I had the virus and coughed or sneezed the mask would catch most of it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top