Join for free
Reply
longfellow's Avatar
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is offline
Essex
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 7,029
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-01-2021, 12:22 AM
1

Islands of Australia

Got to watch Martin Clunes visiting islands surrounding Australia on ITV tonight, found it really interesting.

Missed a fair bit was walking in and out of the room.

So later I went on YouTube and watched it all again properly.

Fantastic islands.
Australia was somewhere I always wanted to visit but the years are going to fast now and health reasons means I only get to see it via tv screens.
Such is life.
Reply With Quote
Tiffany's Avatar
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Tiffany is offline
Devon
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 12,714
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-01-2021, 01:14 AM
2

Re: Islands of Australia

I watched that, it was good. Never realised there were so many islands around the coast of Australia. Did they say if the guy with the silver beard & long hair in a pony tail actually bought that island? Loved his Dingo. Think I missed some of it too.
Reply With Quote
Ciderman's Avatar
Ciderman
Senior Member
Ciderman is offline
Masterton, New Zealand
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 763
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-01-2021, 01:24 AM
3

Re: Islands of Australia

He's done a series here too and they were great fun to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T1vfsHYiKY
Reply With Quote
keezoy
Senior Member
keezoy is offline
Sydney, Australia
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 2,504
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-01-2021, 02:15 AM
4

Re: Islands of Australia

Was great show indeed. Martin Clunes is so watchable and his love for animals is endearing. Here's a WIKI list of Islands. 8222 in all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_of_Australia
Reply With Quote
longfellow's Avatar
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is offline
Essex
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 7,029
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-01-2021, 10:38 AM
5

Re: Islands of Australia

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I watched that, it was good. Never realised there were so many islands around the coast of Australia. Did they say if the guy with the silver beard & long hair in a pony tail actually bought that island? Loved his Dingo. Think I missed some of it too.
Nothing was said on the ownership of the island Tiff.
I guess you got the talk on him being a ex millionaire until the market fell through and left him penniless.
So he may well be a squatter and after 20 year he may have rights to stay on there.

I know in England if you are in a Council squat for a certain period you can actually put in to buy. Not sure what the Aussies law is about their islands.

Yes Polly was a lovely Dingo wasn't she and able to do her own fishing by all accounts.

Not quite sure about those spiders though.
Reply With Quote
longfellow's Avatar
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is offline
Essex
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 7,029
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-01-2021, 10:46 AM
6

Re: Islands of Australia

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
He's done a series here too and they were great fun to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T1vfsHYiKY
Now that had me in stitches CM very funny but not long enough I am afraid. You say a series so I will have to look more closely. Yeh just found them on YouTube...Last Chance To See - BBC

Do you remember some years ago he did a series on the different types of dogs around the UK and how they came about.
I thought that was very interesting.
Reply With Quote
Tiffany's Avatar
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Tiffany is offline
Devon
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 12,714
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-01-2021, 11:56 AM
7

Re: Islands of Australia

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Nothing was said on the ownership of the island Tiff.
I guess you got the talk on him being a ex millionaire until the market fell through and left him penniless.
So he may well be a squatter and after 20 year he may have rights to stay on there.

I know in England if you are in a Council squat for a certain period you can actually put in to buy. Not sure what the Aussies law is about their islands.

Yes Polly was a lovely Dingo wasn't she and able to do her own fishing by all accounts.

Not quite sure about those spiders though.
Could live there but not with those spiders & there are probably snakes as well.
I didn't miss any then, if they never said about him buying it or not.
Reply With Quote
longfellow's Avatar
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is offline
Essex
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 7,029
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-01-2021, 01:16 PM
8

Re: Islands of Australia

Tiff you should checkout Ciderman's connection so funny and the smile on that parrots face, it looked so happy..
Reply With Quote
Tiffany's Avatar
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Tiffany is offline
Devon
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 12,714
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-01-2021, 01:19 PM
9

Re: Islands of Australia

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Tiff you should checkout Ciderman's connection so funny and the smile on that parrots face, it looked so happy..
I have seen that before. It's very funny. It was on a TV nature prog.
Reply With Quote
longfellow's Avatar
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is offline
Essex
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 7,029
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-01-2021, 03:37 PM
10

Re: Islands of Australia

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I have seen that before. It's very funny. It was on a TV nature prog.
Yes I saw the full programme this morning with the connection mind its not Clunes its Stephen Fry.
But they are excellent programmes I must say.

That type of parrot apparently lives over a century although it screws like a youngster as he found out.

I hope I have that kind of energy when I reach a 100..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.