Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 01:34 PM

Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy.

Hi everyone. Yum, found a really easy to do recipe yesterday for dinner, It tasted really nice with plenty of creamy mushroom gravy to spoon over the Pork Shoulder chops. I served it with mashed potatoes and green beans. Thought I would share it with you.

2, 3 or 4 x Pork Shoulder Boneless Chops (or any boneless Pork Chops about ¼ -½ inch thick)
Salt and Pepper
1 x generously heaped tablespoon of butter (not oil)
1 x ¾ cup of Milk
1 x ¼ cup water
1 x 10.75oz tin of Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup
A few sliced mushrooms of choice (optional)

Preheat your oven. I used Fan Assist on 180.

1/ Get a large frying pan and place it on medium to high heat.
2/ Melt the butter in the frying pan. (Of course, you can use oil if you don’t have butter, but butter is the way to go if you have it in your fridge).
3/ Season your Chops both sides and place into the frying pan of melted butter.
4/ Sear the chops on both sides for exactly 5 minutes each side. When seared they should be nice and golden.
5/ Remove and place into a casserole dish.(preferably a glass one) along with any yummy pan bottom bits and butter left in the frying pan.
6/ In a measuring jug or small bowl, pour in the milk, water and spoon in the Cream of Mushroom Soup. Combine together with a fork or whisk.
7/ Pour the soup/milk/water mixture over the chops in the casserole dish. Cover with lid or foil.
8/ Place in oven for 45 minutes (I did them for 50 minutes but I know my cooker).

They came out really tender and the gravy was delicious, It had thickened during cooking and was lovely and creamy mushroom tasting. I will definitely be using this recipe again as well as trying the Campbell’s Cream of Chicken (or Mushroom) with Chicken Breasts and Mushrooms.

Hope you enjoy this if you try it.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cream of Mushroom Pork Chops – Campbell-s Kitchen 21-01-2021 12-06-15.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	14597  
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 01:42 PM

Re: Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy.

Wow, I have the pork loin steaks (in freezer). I have the tin of mushroom soup. And I have butter, milk and seasoning.

So will give this a go. Thanks.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 02:07 PM

Sounds nice.

Would that be the Campbells condensed soup?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Sounds nice.

Would that be the Campbells condensed soup?
Yes Carol, the small red and white tin of Campbells Cream of Condensed Mushroom Soup.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

21-01-2021, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Wow, I have the pork loin steaks (in freezer). I have the tin of mushroom soup. And I have butter, milk and seasoning.

So will give this a go. Thanks.
and the water Jazzi Hope you enjoy them.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 03:08 PM

Thanks. I just have ordinary soup but it should be enough for my two pieces. I’ll just add milk, not water, maybe.

I used to pour over a pouch of mushroom sauce. Don’t remember seeing it nowadays, unless I just haven’t looked. I guess the soup would taste better.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 03:50 PM

Sounds very tasty that recipe. It's been a very long time since I had a pork chop because V hates the taste of pork. In any case, I haven't had a decently flavoured pork chop for even longer.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 04:35 PM

Sounds yummy!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

22-01-2021, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Thanks. I just have ordinary soup but it should be enough for my two pieces. I’ll just add milk, not water, maybe.

I used to pour over a pouch of mushroom sauce. Don’t remember seeing it nowadays, unless I just haven’t looked. I guess the soup would taste better.
Ooeer, not sure Jazzi, I only ever put a recipe that I have actually tried successfully on here so would not tell you this recipe would be okay not using cream of condensed soup.
Sorry about that but I am sure there are many confident clever cooks on here that will have an answer to that for you. Good luck with your meal xx
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

22-01-2021, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Sounds very tasty that recipe. It's been a very long time since I had a pork chop because V hates the taste of pork. In any case, I haven't had a decently flavoured pork chop for even longer.
I'm with you there Percy. I only usually buy the Boneless Pork Shoulder steaks to batter into submission for Pork Shnitzels, which we both like, otherwise normally would never bother buying them as we find pork is absolutely mundane and tasteless! but this recipe was really tasty so hope you enjoy if you try it. xx

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top