Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 06:05 PM

Does The ‘Council House Mentality’ Still Exist?

Well does it?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 06:06 PM

Re: Does The ‘Council House Mentality’ Still Exist?

What's that then Art?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
What's that then Art?
Carol, I am waiting to hear what is exactly meant by it. I have heard it said a few times and l am hoping someone will give me some insight.

I presumed, it’s a bit like a ‘jobsworth’ mentality?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
What's that then Art?
I was wondering the same, Carol

I’ve never heard the expression before....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 06:12 PM

I've never heard of it .....
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 06:13 PM

Gotta say I've never heard of it
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 06:14 PM

I believe its something (an attitude) that home-owners have towards council house tenants, who rent their property from councils, and live on egg & chips, or cheesy pasta, whose kids run around the "scheme" at all hours of the night.

Its very much still here in todays society. If you don't have a mortgage, you aint worth nowt.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I believe its something (an attitude) that home-owners have towards council house tenants, who rent their property from councils, and live on egg & chips, or cheesy pasta, whose kids run around the "scheme" at all hours of the night.

Its very much still here in todays society. If you don't have a mortgage, you aint worth nowt.
I would never judge anybody by the house they live in, I judge them by the way they behave and I have known many lovely people that live in council houses.
On the other hand I have seen people who claim unemployment or disability benefits that manage to work for themselves & earn money.
I have also seen girls who get themselves pregnant so they can get a council house. My niece used to live on an estate like that, but her husband managed to buy a house when he realized that kids of his sons age were dealing drugs, so they moved.
I think it is sad that decent people in council houses became afraid of reporting these actions for fear of the consequences of doing so.
It is the criminal few that get the rest a bad name!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 06:41 PM

Well said Twink
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 06:44 PM

Hi

Just my own observations, I now live in an end terrace on an Ex Council Estate,

A lot of houses have become owner occupied now, some are housing association, which took over from the Council and the rest are private rent.

There is hierarchy, owner occupied, then housing association and then private lets.

Owner occupied are much improved and many extended, Housing Association are well kept and repaired and many have nice gardens.

It is the private lets which stand out, many unemployed, no management to gardens unkempt and property not in good repair.

Many are occupied by those evicted from housing association houses for non compliance with rules, rent arrears or anti social behaviour.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top