Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 12:31 AM

no wifi on printer solved

I have an Epson printer which works well ,or it did up to yesterday or day before.

Normally the printing is done wirelessly from computer to printer but suddenly the printer didn't get a wifi signal but the computer did.

first thing was to reset the printer with the router password but didn't work. Tried doing it using the printer self seek setting, still didnt work. So on to trying everything on printer and computer but still no wifi on the printer.

a real head scratcher problem, do I get a new printer? actually ordered one then found the problem so cancelled it.

The issue was not with the printer or the computer it was the damn router. Normally others are on the internet so turning off the router causes problems. Tonight I was the only one using it so switched off the router for 10 seconds and powered it back on.
The router somehow had dropped out the signal to the printer but not to the computer, must have been a slight difference in signal receiving strength or summit.

So if this happens to you check the router out first
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 04:30 AM

Re: no wifi on printer solved

I have an Epson also. And I had wifi problems. I just plugged it in by cable and no more problems. It's also more secure. WIFI has it's limitations
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 07:17 AM

I had the same problem with my HP printer. Traced it back to a windows update. I now have a wired printer and no more problems.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 09:36 AM

I have an HP wireless printer and its forever throwing up error messages! I just restart it, (and/or the laptop) which helps, but what a waste of time for the alleged "convenience" it gives you!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 09:39 AM

My network printer is wired in thank gawd.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 10:17 AM

Oh I could just use as a wired to my computer but Sue needs it for her laptop as well, so wireless for us is the way to go
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Oh I could just use as a wired to my computer but Sue needs it for her laptop as well, so wireless for us is the way to go
You misunderstand, mine is a network printer connected by Cat 5 to a router. Every room in my house has a wired connection to my LAN - though, to be honest, visitors just connect to the wifi. The advantage is that any computer whether connected by wire or Wifi can use the printer.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

08-03-2021, 08:31 PM

fault happened again, it was down to a missing file in the printer program I discovered

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top