Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 06:09 AM

What does Easter mean to you?

Apart from buying chocolate eggs for the children in the family it is just a normal day to me.

I used to bother with the traditions like fish on Friday and Hot cross buns when the kids were little but somewhere along the way I stopped bothering.

Does Easter mean anything to you?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 06:38 AM

Re: What does Easter mean to you?

Scotty from Marketing had a special message just for me but you can enjoy it too.

Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 07:11 AM

Easter doesn't mean much now the kids are away. We did the egg hunt and chocolate things - now we don't even buy Easter eggs (Mr P bought a small one for the dog though ) Its just a time when everything gets busy and the banks are shut. So I would say its just an average weekend now.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 07:12 AM

Yes it absolutely does Carol. I am not religious and I do not believe in any god. But I am what you might call a great "fan" of Jesus Christ the man and the simple and profound things he said on how we should treat each other. He is my favourite philosopher and I think the blueprint he gave us for life is as good as any other given since. The fact that such a great man met the end he did is as complete a testimony to the failings of the rest of us that there is. I don't think, in 2 thousand years we have still become within light years of really living by his word and teachings. W are less righteous now than we were even then. And that includes me. I try to be tolerant. I fail. I try not to judge..I fail...I try to remain calm when I am tested..I fail. But I still go back to the words of JC to help get me back on track. So yes, Easter means a lot to me. It's not about church and services and rituals. IT is about simply thinking about that extraordinary man and mourning his passing. And the gift of his words. That will live forever. These are my personal thoughts and answer to your question. I'm Not interested in an argument about religion or God. I'm not a coalition voter but Scott Morrison's faith is solid and for whatever failings he has he is a Christian. I respect that.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 07:24 AM

As a lifelong atheist the religious festival means nothing, but I do enjoy a bit of roast lamb and a hot cross bun...
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
As a lifelong atheist the religious festival means nothing, but I do enjoy a bit of roast lamb and a hot cross bun...

NOw you're talkin!.... Beeeoootyful leg 'o lamb done in the Barbie..(No prawns)
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Yes it absolutely does Carol. I am not religious and I do not believe in any god. But I am what you might call a great "fan" of Jesus Christ the man and the simple and profound things he said on how we should treat each other. He is my favourite philosopher and I think the blueprint he gave us for life is as good as any other given since. The fact that such a great man met the end he did is as complete a testimony to the failings of the rest of us that there is. I don't think, in 2 thousand years we have still become within light years of really living by his word and teachings. W are less righteous now than we were even then. And that includes me. I try to be tolerant. I fail. I try not to judge..I fail...I try to remain calm when I am tested..I fail. But I still go back to the words of JC to help get me back on track. So yes, Easter means a lot to me. It's not about church and services and rituals. IT is about simply thinking about that extraordinary man and mourning his passing. And the gift of his words. That will live forever. These are my personal thoughts and answer to your question. I'm Not interested in an argument about religion or God. I'm not a coalition voter but Scott Morrison's faith is solid and for whatever failings he has he is a Christian. I respect that.

WOW!!!.....what a heartfelt post.....it made me cry...worded so beautifully.
That definitely came from the heart..
Edit to add, what also stood out to me in your post keezoy, was how open and honest you were.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 07:43 AM

Just more chocolate really. As if I need an excuse. Oh and another home cooked roast dinner with half a bottle..or more..of Shiraz. It always meant a family gathering previous years but that's another avenue of pleasure no longer possible.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 07:58 AM

Very much so.....The Death Of My Lord Jesus, Then the Raising Of Him From The Dead.By God.

Without that happening....I would never have been able to receive the Holy Spirit into my heart/spirit.....so for me it’s a time of great sorrow.....but also a time of great joy!

This is a personal belief from a Born Again Believer In Christ.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 08:07 AM

I’m with Barry on this belief.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top