Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 01:29 PM

Driving lessons to resume in England and Wales on 12 April

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-56661235

Driving lessons can restart in England and Wales on 12 April, the transport secretary has confirmed. Grant Shapps said driving tests will resume 10 days later on 22 April.

Covid safety measures include that learners and instructors should wear face coverings in lessons and tests, unless there is a good reason for them not to, the DVSA says.

People doing a test in their own car should clean it beforehand, wiping down the dashboard and car controls.

At least one window on each side of the car must be open *.
* Even when the weather is inclement .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 02:37 PM

Re: Driving lessons to resume in England and Wales on 12 April

My grandson will be pleased at this news as he has had his driving test cancelled twice now.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by artangel ->
my grandson will be pleased at this news as he has had his driving test cancelled twice now.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My grandson will be pleased at this news as he has had his driving test cancelled twice now.

That's great news! I am sure he is thrilled!

(I just can'r wrap my head around the fact that you could possibly have a grandson old enough to drive. A fountain of youth have you, Art! )
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
That's great news! I am sure he is thrilled!

(I just can'r wrap my head around the fact that you could possibly have a grandson old enough to drive. A fountain of youth have you, Art! )

Surfermom, Thank You for your uplifting and lovely words... but l dare not tell you that he has an older brother with a baby.... Eeeeeek

Actually, l don’t want him to pass his driving test. He has worked, doing two jobs, to save enough to buy a good car. At 19, l feel he might be a bit young and might speed a bit.
My daughter says, the insurance company make them have some sort of device in the car to monitor their speed but l still worry.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Surfermom, Thank You for your uplifting and lovely words... but l dare not tell you that he has an older brother with a baby.... Eeeeeek

Actually, l don’t want him to pass his driving test. He has worked, doing two jobs, to save enough to buy a good car. At 19, l feel he might be a bit young and might speed a bit.
My daughter says, the insurance company make them have some sort of device in the car to monitor their speed but l still worry.
Ok, now you are just cheating the gods, Artangel ! Good for you!

It sounds like you have a young and vibrant family. I hope they bring you more joy than worries!
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 10:25 AM

One of our grandsons (17) is having his first driving lesson a week today.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top