Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 07:23 PM

confrontation

I know someone who is very confrontational and will confront when there isn't even anything to confront about if that makes sense. She sees problems where there aren't any and makes a big deal out of nothing.

I am a anything for a quiet life kind of woman, what about you?

It really upsets my body inside and causes real anxiety if someone is trying to cause trouble for me and I don't deal well with it at all.
I feel people like this are toxic to me so I've learned I don't need to put up with it and don't anymore and I have to say, my life is much more peaceful.

How do you deal with confrontation, are you a confrontational person yourself or are you like me an prefer a peaceful life.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 07:36 PM

Re: confrontation

LQ I don't need confrontation in my life, I walk away from it these days.

Confrontation raise the levels of adrenaline in our bodies part of the 'flight or fight' response.
A life time of confrontation/stress hormones can lead to serious health issues, best to be calm and to walk away
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 07:37 PM

Oh I'm all for a peaceful life, and have managed to eradicate all toxic people that would seek to bring me down. However, the few that remain...I just keep it short and sweet and don't take it on board. If they have a problem, nowt to do wi' me. Not my monkeys, not my circus.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 07:39 PM

I
Hope
You
Aren’t
Talking
About
Me!!!.

😂🤣😅...I have known to be confrontational...I think the aggression came from an unresolved area in life...

Resolved and understood....it’s a defence mechanism I believe...imo anyway.

I think one needs to recognise it themselves to be honest,I think some don’t ,others maybe in denial...who knows..

I’m responsible for my own behaviour and not others....i can walk away now.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I
Hope
You
Aren’t
Talking
About
Me!!!.

😂🤣😅...I have known to be confrontational...I think the aggression came from an unresolved area in life...

Resolved and understood....it’s a defence mechanism I believe...imo anyway.

I think one needs to recognise it themselves to be honest,I think some don’t ,others maybe in denial...who knows..

I’m responsible for my own behaviour and not others....i can walk away now.

well yes, I'm talking about you Pauline only joking. No just someone I know but I chose not to know her anymore. I can't let anyone make me feel poorly, it's ridiculous how horrible my body feels so I've had to walk away for my own well being.

I was reading in a magazine that on many occasions relationships break down, couples and people move on and it's just the same with friendships or so called friendships, sometimes they break down. Friendships are supposed to lift you aren't they.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
well yes, I'm talking about you Pauline only joking. No just someone I know but I chose not to know her anymore. I can't let anyone make me feel poorly, it's ridiculous how horrible my body feels so I've had to walk away for my own well being.

I was reading in a magazine that on many occasions relationships break down, couples and people move on and it's just the same with friendships or so called friendships, sometimes they break down. Friendships are supposed to lift you aren't they.
If it makes you feel ill, I suggest like you say ,walk away,...its not good for your health....

I’m glad you recognised how it made your body feel,....it took me much longer to walk away, I don’t really know why, but I have a friend who has helped me in that area, they have supported me a lot and talked me through it, I have lived alone for 30 yrs ,so have no one to talk to in certain situations, like a husband or for some others they have a partner.

Like you LQ, my peace is very important to me....

For some living in a toxic environment can be an addiction, especially if that’s all you have known in your life...once again it’s recognising it and breaking that pattern....it can cost you your health, ,
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I know someone who is very confrontational and will confront when there isn't even anything to confront about if that makes sense. She sees problems where there aren't any and makes a big deal out of nothing.

I am a anything for a quiet life kind of woman, what about you?

It really upsets my body inside and causes real anxiety if someone is trying to cause trouble for me and I don't deal well with it at all.
I feel people like this are toxic to me so I've learned I don't need to put up with it and don't anymore and I have to say, my life is much more peaceful.

How do you deal with confrontation, are you a confrontational person yourself or are you like me an prefer a peaceful life.
I suppose it can be seen as a form of bullying. I have been around far too long to be bullied by anyone. I don't consider myself to be confrontational but if someone tries it on, I find the best way to stop it is to challenge them. Let them know you will not be one of their victims.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

08-04-2021, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I suppose it can be seen as a form of bullying. I have been around far too long to be bullied by anyone. I don't consider myself to be confrontational but if someone tries it on, I find the best way to stop it is to challenge them. Let them know you will not be one of their victims.
I think you’re lovely LD.....there was that good enough...don’t forget my address that I pmd you....cash would be nice!..😂🤣😅
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I think you’re lovely LD.....there was that good enough...don’t forget my address that I pmd you....cash would be nice!..😂🤣😅
Thank you Pauline. I just swiped my card over your avatar.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

08-04-2021, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thank you Pauline. I just swiped my card over your avatar.
😂🤣😅....,seriously LD...I think your wife is lucky to have you as a husband and I’m sure you feel the same way about her.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top