Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 05:39 PM

Making the same mistakes

Do you think you learn from your mistakes, or do you sometimes find yourself making exactly the same mistakes again?

The reason I ask is, my friend phoned last night and she told me she had dropped her mobile phone down the loo that day.

The reason I find this utterly crazy is, this is the third time in three weeks she has done the same thing!!
She keeps putting the darn thing in her back jeans pocket.
The repair bloke must be making a mint out of her.

I wonder how many times a phone can be repaired even?

So do you ever make repeated mistakes, or you one of the smart ones who never make the same mistake twice?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 05:59 PM

Re: Making the same mistakes

I keep hitting my head on my kitchen cupboard, I have stopped falling down the stairs though,I take my time now, I also kept making the same mistake by letting Jack round a blind corner on his retractable lead, that was until he met a Rottweiler ,that nearly took his head off, I haven’t done it since.

For some reason I have always had to learn the hard way, I hope that answers your question.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 06:09 PM

Pauline, twice I hit my head this morning on the open cupboard door!

And I too am more careful with the stairs.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 06:10 PM

Sometimes I do it the once, others like leaving the kitchen drawer open then falling over it, or leaving the dogs food cupboard door open and banging my head on it.......those happen too often, others I usually learn.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
My friend phoned last night and she told me she had dropped her mobile phone down the loo that day.

The reason I find this utterly crazy is, this is the third time in three weeks she has done the same thing!!
She keeps putting the darn thing in her back jeans pocket.
The repair bloke must be making a mint out of her.

I wonder how many times a phone can be repaired even?
https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/...-phone-3835298

Well, she's not alone :

Despite the health and hygiene risks, it has been revealed that half of UK adults take their mobile phone with them to the toilet.

Some 50 per cent of people surveyed for Direct Line Home Insurance said they do this, despite bathrooms being contaminated with germs, pathogens and bacteria from the intestinal tract - mostly from faecal matter.

When you flush the toilet, water with faeces and urine sprays about six feet in every direction. The aerosols increase with every flush, so if it’s a public bathroom, there is dirty toilet water coating literally everything – especially the toilet paper dispenser, because it’s right next to the toilet bowl.

Besides the cleanliness, it seems plenty of people end up accidentally dropping their expensive gear down the pan.

Two-fifths (40 per cent) have accidentally dropped an item down the toilet or sink, with mobile phones and jewellery being the most common items, followed by money, keys, debit and credit cards, and wrist watches.

While the vast majority of people who dropped their mobile phone were able to retrieve it, in 43 per cent of cases it was damaged or broken.
I NEVER take my phone to the toilet at home. When I'm elsewhere, my phone is either in a zipped jacket pocket or in a zipped holster when not in use (which is NEVER in a toilet).
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 06:21 PM

My phone is kept in my handbag and rarely removed.

I try to learn from my mistakes so they don't recur.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 06:24 PM

Where I make repeated mistakes is usually the kitchen - I had the same layout for years then slightly changed the layout for a new kitchen - as an example, I still put dried herbs in the refrigerator (which replaced a herb rack, amongst other things).
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->

I NEVER take my phone to the toilet at home.
When I'm elsewhere, my phone is either in a zipped jacket pocket or in a zipped holster when not in use (which is NEVER in a toilet).

No, I don't think I ever have either, Omah.

I doubt she would have taken it in in the loo to actually use it, I imagine she forgot it was in her jean's pocket and it fell out.
Could hardly believe she did it 3 times though, although she has been under enormous stress recently, so maybe just not thinking straight.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 07:23 PM

I am always banging myself on our door handles, the sort that are long with knobbly bits on the ends, (they lie in wait for me), or whacking my hip on the corner of the cupboard that stands in the hall by the kitchen when I don't give myself enough room to avoid it, it doesn't even stick out. I often have bruises.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 07:23 PM

I lost a brand new phone down the loo, because I had it in my back pocket....lesson learned from that. I do keep tripping over the dog though, because she has a habit of shadowing whoever goes to the kitchen. So I have learned to tell her to stay where she is. She does for the most part, until she hears the fridge door opening....then she mysteriously appears, silent and there

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top