Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 03:52 PM

I have a cold (probably Man Flu)

It's alright, I'm not after any sympathy (even though I have had a sore throat for four days)

What I want to know is how I caught it, seeing that everywhere I go in public and at work, I wear my mask? Does it mean that wearing a mask might not actually work?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 03:54 PM

Re: I have a cold (probably Man Flu)

Just wanted to gently tap your head and say diddums, LD
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Just wanted to gently tap your head and say diddums, LD
Thanks Mags, I am after sympathy really.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 04:01 PM

Awww bruv, sorry to hearvyou are unwell.

May be you made skin contact with a germ ridden door handle or sommat then touched your face?

I'm amazed at how often touch my face, i never realised how much till I became aware with covid.

Rest up, drink plenty and eat chicken soup.

Get well soon lovely man xxxxx
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-05-2021, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Awww bruv, sorry to hearvyou are unwell.

May be you made skin contact with a germ ridden door handle or sommat then touched your face?

I'm amazed at how often touch my face, i never realised how much till I became aware with covid.

Rest up, drink plenty and eat chicken soup.

Get well soon lovely man xxxxx

I'm feelin' better already.

I suppose a door handle could have done it.

It's the only cold I have had since the first lockdown and I was beginning to think that mask-wearing was the way to go if you didn't want horrible colds and viruses.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's alright, I'm not after any sympathy (even though I have had a sore throat for four days)

What I want to know is how I caught it, seeing that everywhere I go in public and at work, I wear my mask? Does it mean that wearing a mask might not actually work?
I am so sorry you are feeling unwell, man flu is the pits.
No one knows how people catch colds, but if it is flu, you can have a jab once a year that helps.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 05:02 PM

Aw - Poor you. I wish you a speedy recovery from your man flu.

RE: masks. I think they prevent you from spreading your germs but don't keep other people's out.

Not fair is it?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 05:13 PM

Well, this is a dirty rotten set of circumstances. Alas, the harbingers of misery can be found most anywhere. Most likely, that cold virus most likely boarded the cruise ship of your body for some leisure and shenanigans, as a result of you touching an infected surface and then an orifice.

The only cure for man flu is to climb into bed surrounded by every pillow in the house, get Mrs. LD to start the hourly delivery of orange juice and a massage. Also be sure to open the door to your bedroom wide, so the requisite moaning and suffering will garner the restorative sympathy.

Hope you feel better already . If not, groan louder.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Well, this is a dirty rotten set of circumstances. Alas, the harbingers of misery can be found most anywhere. Most likely, that cold virus most likely boarded the cruise ship of your body for some leisure and shenanigans, as a result of you touching an infected surface and then an orifice.

The only cure for man flu is to climb into bed surrounded by every pillow in the house, get Mrs. LD to start the hourly delivery of orange juice and a massage. Also be sure to open the door to your bedroom wide, so the requisite moaning and suffering will garner the restorative sympathy.

Hope you feel better already . If not, groan louder.
Hi

Man Flu is serious.

The only thing we can do is lie down holding the remote control.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

I don’t want to alarm you, but Man Flue is an extremely serious medical condition and needs urgent treatment. Book a priest just in case, I found malt whiskey helpful in its latter stages. Sex can help as well.
If you have any man stuff that needs a good home pm me

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top