Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 04:15 PM

A true story about my middle finger

Just in case anyone thinks that I am following in the footsteps of Harbal, I would like to point out that this is totally true.

There's nothing wrong with the middle finger on my right hand, except that when I use my laptop, it gets so dry that when I use the touch pad, nothing happens. Sometimes I have no idea where the cursor has disappeared to. In order to move my cursor around, I constantly have to wet the end of my finger on my lip but I was wondering if there was a more permanent solution?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 04:17 PM

Re: A true story about my middle finger

Yes, use a wireless mouse.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 04:19 PM

I honestly thought this was a thread about hand gestures but yes, use a mouse, wired or not.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 04:20 PM

strangly enough I damaged the middle finger on my left hand and can't bend it propely to grip with
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Just in case anyone thinks that I am following in the footsteps of Harbal, I would like to point out that this is totally true.

I constantly have to wet the end of my finger on my lip but I was wondering if there was a more permanent solution?
Yes, cut out the middle man, or finger, and move the cursor with you lip.

It will make you appear to be looking for cake crumbs, so only do it when alone.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Yes, use a wireless mouse.
Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I honestly thought this was a thread about hand gestures but yes, use a mouse, wired or not.
A good suggestion although if my lap top is on my lap, I'm not sure where to use the mouse.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 04:28 PM

A good suggestion although if my lap top is on my lap, I'm not sure where to use the mouse.
Mice work on any flat surface? The sofa you sit on, the cat/dog, a cushion. Or you could get one of those laptrays to have your dinner on and use that?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-06-2021, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Mice work on any flat surface? The sofa you sit on, the cat/dog, a cushion. Or you could get one of those laptrays to have your dinner on and use that?
Tirzah is right next to me. I might have a word.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 05:11 PM

Don't pay a lot of money, for a mouse, LD.

Just contact one of our members from Oz!

There's a lot of cheap ones there....!

Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 05:21 PM

There's nothing wrong with the middle finger on my right hand, except that when I use my laptop, it gets so dry that when I use the touch pad, nothing happens. Sometimes I have no idea where the cursor has disappeared to. In order to move my cursor around, I constantly have to wet the end of my finger on my lip but I was wondering if there was a more permanent solution?
Yes. Learn to use your tongue instead of your fingertip.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top