Join for free
Page 10 of 16 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 10:03 PM

Re: Low BPM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Ah!, I think a beta blocker is to keep the heart rate down (I'm no expert so someone may correct this).

Maybe you are on a slow heart rate with occasional spikes & it's the spikes which they are worried about.

Good thing they got you early, you'll be fine!
Thanks Ted, that's the way I think the doctor described it. It was beating out of control and going too fast for a short time while I was running. I've got all the family on my case now, and I think they would tie my legs together if they could...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 10:19 AM

Foxy here is my advice...... Stay positive & do as you are told!

I am sure they will suggest light exercise but try not to make your targets too high & ask what they suggest.
We are all getting older. but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy life, it just means we have to learn how to do things a bit slower.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Ted, that's the way I think the doctor described it. It was beating out of control and going too fast for a short time while I was running. I've got all the family on my case now, and I think they would tie my legs together if they could...

I sympathise with you , it’s so hard to have our exercise lifestyle taken away, I was told that I can’t exercise like I used to, which hit me hard, I still exercise but nothing in comparison to how I used to, exercise is a big part of our life, I bet you’re scratching at the walls.....my advice, listen to the professionals if you want to live a good many more years...all the best O G F.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Foxy here is my advice...... Stay positive & do as you are told!

I am sure they will suggest light exercise but try not to make your targets too high & ask what they suggest.
We are all getting older. but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy life, it just means we have to learn how to do things a bit slower.
Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I sympathise with you , it’s so hard to have our exercise lifestyle taken away, I was told that I can’t exercise like I used to, which hit me hard, I still exercise but nothing in comparison to how I used to, exercise is a big part of our life, I bet you’re scratching at the walls.....my advice, listen to the professionals if you want to live a good many more years...all the best O G F.
Thanks Pauline and Twink, the doctor never said anything about hugging, so here's one each for both of you for caring about me...... (extra hugs can be supplied should they be required..)

There might be a light at the end of the tunnel, he did say I must stop running until I visit him on Wednesday, so I might be able to take on some light stuff for the time being. I'm getting my road bike down out of the loft and hopefully, I might be able to do some short rides (nothing until after Wednesday though. Honest!) He's put me on these beta blockers that I wasn't able to take in 2014 after my second heart attack, and so far (touch wood) the side effects haven't been too serious so I'll continue with them for now.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 01:24 PM

Bob, I have just caught up on this thread and am so sorry read about your health and you having to stop your running.
My advice to you is to put your doctor’s advice first and your running second ….. make that 3rd after your family

Mr Mags takes Bisoporol and like a few others here, suffers with AF. It took him a while to adjust to this medication.

We have to expect these hiccups in life as we grow older and adjust our lives as best we can. Wishing you all the best, thinking of you. x

Back to enjoying my holiday in Devon now, sporting a bruised and battered face from a fall a couple of days ago. . What a picture!

BTW Bob, whatever happens you will still be the OFF’s Mr Universe!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Bob, I have just caught up on this thread and am so sorry read about your health and you having to stop your running.
My advice to you is to put your doctor’s advice first and your running second ….. make that 3rd after your family

Mr Mags takes Bisoporol and like a few others here, suffers with AF. It took him a while to adjust to this medication.

We have to expect these hiccups in life as we grow older and adjust our lives as best we can. Wishing you all the best, thinking of you. x

Back to enjoying my holiday in Devon now, sporting a bruised and battered face from a fall a couple of days ago. . What a picture!

Enjoy Devon and this beautiful weather mags x
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-07-2021, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

Thanks Mags, that Mr Universe thing made me laugh.......... So sorry to hear about your fall and hope it hasn't spoilt your holiday...
Yes, one a day 2.5 mg of Bisoporol (the little heart shaped tablets) So far so good Mags, with just a little chest ache that soon wears off a couple of hours after taking it. Back to see the doc on Wednesday, so absolutely no running until then at least....

Enjoy the rest of your holiday Mags, Devon is such a beautiful place....xx
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
There might be a light at the end of the tunnel, he did say I must stop running until I visit him on Wednesday, so I might be able to take on some light stuff for the time being. I'm getting my road bike down out of the loft and hopefully, I might be able to do some short rides (nothing until after Wednesday though. Honest!) He's put me on these beta blockers that I wasn't able to take in 2014 after my second heart attack, and so far (touch wood) the side effects haven't been too serious so I'll continue with them for now.
Sound advice OGF.
I agree. I think you should take it easy until you know for sure what you may and may not do. It's not going to be for long and it's always best to be on the safe side.

As for what you said earlier, I'm afraid that I don't see myself as being a 'backbone of the forum', though I'm sure you are.

I might agree to being the 'backside' of the forum, though!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

18-07-2021, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Sound advice OGF.
I agree. I think you should take it easy until you know for sure what you may and may not do. It's not going to be for long and it's always best to be on the safe side.

As for what you said earlier, I'm afraid that I don't see myself as being a 'backbone of the forum', though I'm sure you are.

I might agree to being the 'backside' of the forum, though!
Nonsense JB, I love reading your posts.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

18-07-2021, 10:15 AM

I woke up this morning (no not that sort of 'Woke'...) and I felt crap!... My head was pounding and I couldn't get back to sleep for 'shushing' Tinnitus...Even my stomach felt upset and it later developed into diarrhoea, and my shoulders and arms felt like they did when I had my heart attack....

So at 6:30 this morning I walked round my 5 mile running course and kicked the beta blockers into the long grass. Not physically of course, but that's it! No more beta blockers! I refuse to join the zombie nation living on meds.....

The walk has restored me to my old self, apart from the diarrhoea....

Page 10 of 16 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top