Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 06:08 PM

House Prices

Looking to see if my estranged Son had sold his house then moves in to My late Parents home..was just natural curiosity.

Saw he sold it in 2019 for £360,000..it was an ex Council Small Terraced House closed to St. Helier's Hospital where he was born...
Shocked at the selling price..
Was just looking through the Anglo Info Paper for a Satellite repairer and saw this Property for sale
https://www.angloinfo.com/poitou-cha...-sale-2/195377
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 06:12 PM

Re: House Prices

It’s good that you have an idea of his whereabouts. It’s not easy to be estranged from a parent or child or even family for that matter.

Somehow things have a way of working out over time. And, look on the bright side, he’s not struggling in life - it could have been a lot worse
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 06:13 PM

I was born in Sutton Surrey and my sister worked there in that hospital for many years
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 06:52 PM

The best time I had in St.Heliers Hospital was a pre operation test on my spine..was not happy about the operation itself that was planned for in the closed down now Hospital Atkinson Morley at Wimbledon.

I went in the ward and one line were female's and the opposite line was males...thought and then thought again..Strange, nobody warned me. 1987 the year was.

We all were having similar tests. Afterwards we had to stay in bed for about 6/8 hours, keep head up and body flat. And drink and drink and drink, we had dye injected and the idea was to rid the body of it as quickly as possible...

The Guy opposite was saying they could not view his spinal column and the previous operation had caused a lot of scar tissue. He was very concerned, had no idea what was in store for him now.

He said he was dying for a cig and I said me also...After the changeover of staff, we both said right, lets move it to the TV room..ok, off we went..

Chatted and smoked. laughed a lot as well. Life History, just happens, talking holiday's and such like.

Then we said he felt a bit sick..So I said best creep back to bed then.. So I was ok but he was sick. Guess that was why you had to stay in bed for a fair time.

Seemed a relief though having a mixed ward for just a couple od days. We all got sent home before the weekend. No staff at all kit was purely a weekday ward for these types of scans.

Guess mixed wards are more the normal these days.

How I would feel now i'm much older. Think i would be ok but would prefer a room to myself, actually.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

21-07-2021, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
It’s good that you have an idea of his whereabouts. It’s not easy to be estranged from a parent or child or even family for that matter.

Somehow things have a way of working out over time. And, look on the bright side, he’s not struggling in life - it could have been a lot worse
He is living in my late parents house as the owner...so would know the address..smiled at that comment Minx..
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 07:59 PM

DianneWoollie
you would not have come across my sister then she dealt with hematology and bacteriology . Rather proud of her, not only a string of letters after her name but as far as I understand the third highest qualified in the UK before she retired
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 08:03 PM

Estranged son Di.

We've got one of those.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

21-07-2021, 08:17 PM

I'll tell you a story..lol..Dexo...;-

one upon a time there were 3 Baby Bears...
they did not all want all the porridge just the one did.
and he was the apple of the very wicked witch
she put spells on the others and a mark on the apple..
you are the chosen mark so care for it, I will, when it goes rotten we shall save you from the compost heap and store you in the ambient climate for the survival of the rotten to the core ones....or one..yawning now....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Estranged son Di.

We've got one of those.
Hand up over here too....why is it boys?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
The best time I had in St.Heliers Hospital was a pre operation test on my spine..was not happy about the operation itself that was planned for in the closed down now Hospital Atkinson Morley at Wimbledon.

I went in the ward and one line were female's and the opposite line was males...thought and then thought again..Strange, nobody warned me. 1987 the year was.

We all were having similar tests. Afterwards we had to stay in bed for about 6/8 hours, keep head up and body flat. And drink and drink and drink, we had dye injected and the idea was to rid the body of it as quickly as possible...

The Guy opposite was saying they could not view his spinal column and the previous operation had caused a lot of scar tissue. He was very concerned, had no idea what was in store for him now.

He said he was dying for a cig and I said me also...After the changeover of staff, we both said right, lets move it to the TV room..ok, off we went..

Chatted and smoked. laughed a lot as well. Life History, just happens, talking holiday's and such like.

Then we said he felt a bit sick..So I said best creep back to bed then.. So I was ok but he was sick. Guess that was why you had to stay in bed for a fair time.

Seemed a relief though having a mixed ward for just a couple od days. We all got sent home before the weekend. No staff at all kit was purely a weekday ward for these types of scans.

Guess mixed wards are more the normal these days.

How I would feel now i'm much older. Think i would be ok but would prefer a room to myself, actually.

St Heliers Ospital !!
That where they took me when a bloke in a car turned right across
me on my motor bike in Grove road Sutton one night , and sent me
flying over the top of his car and onto the pavement !
They sent me home the same night after about 40 stitches and
broken nose wiv instructions to return next day to outpatients to
get checked out ??
I never went back !! Can't remember why ??
One of my mates eventually rented one of those council houses
you speak of Dianne, do they really cost that much now !!
Bloody hell !!
Makes you wonder why all the Brits don't sell up and move to
France just like you did don't it ??

Donkeyman! 👍🤔🤔👍

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top