Join for free
Page 9 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 01:09 PM

Re: The UK should pay closer attention

I like the French, and I don't think Flicker is representative of the whole country. There will be an awful lot of French people who would not want to be associated with some of the comments made by Flicker about the UK in the same way I would not want to associated with some of the comments made on here about the French. However, in the main I look forward to reading Flickers comments and observations and would hate to see her leave or stop posting through intimidation, after all, isn't this is what a discussion is all about [ hearing both sides of the argument] But people should not get emotionally provoked, and treat Flickers posts for what they are......Her opinion.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 01:15 PM

Thank you OGF.

I don't take any notice of personal comments...I said so a while ago.

I do see them however as some facile attempt to counter my comments...facile because they don't actually discuss the issues, just me.

So I take them for the empty rattling they are. and refrain from the sort of childish unproven exaggerations and name calling that tries to deflect proper discussion.

If this is the shape of the future standard of British behaviour and expectations, the country is doomed.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Thank you OGF.

I don't take any notice of personal comments...I said so a while ago.

I do see them however as some facile attempt to counter my comments...facile because they don't actually discuss the issues, just me.

So I take them for the empty rattling they are. and refrain from the sort of childish unproven exaggerations and name calling that tries to deflect proper discussion.

If this is the shape of the future standard of British behaviour and expectations, the country is doomed.
Don't underestimate the Brit's Flicker........
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I like the French, and I don't think Flicker is representative of the whole country. There will be an awful lot of French people who would not want to be associated with some of the comments made by Flicker about the UK in the same way I would not want to associated with some of the comments made on here about the French. However, in the main I look forward to reading Flickers comments and observations and would hate to see her leave or stop posting through intimidation, after all, isn't this is what a discussion is all about [ hearing both sides of the argument] But people should not get emotionally provoked, and treat Flickers posts for what they are......Her opinion.
That's what we keep trying to tell her under the continuous avalanche of anti-UK vitriol she spouts but she can't seem to get past her ingrained antipathy for anything British.

And I think the French people themselves are okay and she isn't representative of them .. as she isn't even French.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

26-12-2016, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
That's what we keep trying to tell her under the continuous avalanche of anti-UK vitriol she spouts but she can't seem to get past her ingrained antipathy for anything British.

And I think the French people themselves are okay and she isn't representative of them .. as she isn't even French.
Well yes....and that Morty.....
Oh and by the way....Happy Boxing Day Morty....
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 02:20 PM

And you too OGF
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 02:28 PM

Hi

The thing is we , the voters, made a decision, rightly or wrongly.

That is Democracy, now is the time to get on with it.

We are bickering on here, more importantly the Politicians, who we employ to get the best deal for us are also bickering amongst themselves.

What I find obnoxious about this is that some are obviously playing the game to further their own political ambitions.

I would be much happier if we had a system whereby if there is a reduction in living standards as a result of Brexit, that their wages and Pensions are reduced in line with the rest of us.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 02:30 PM

Funny thing is, I have not seen Flicker or anyone else spouting anti UK vitriol but I have seen plenty thrown in the other direction.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

26-12-2016, 02:33 PM

Well you know what they say Purwell ...
Leave personalities out of it.
Which is why the Brexiters voted against the EU.
Unlike some who malign Farage, or attack the British people for the choice that they made.
Dextrous
Manchester
Dextrous is male 

26-12-2016, 02:45 PM

Well you know what they say Purwell ...
Leave personalities out of it.
Which is why the Brexiters voted against the EU.

Unlike some who malign Farage, or attack the British people for the choice that they made.
Possibly. But since we decide based upon what others tell us and the credibility we feel these people have (or don't have), then do we really ignore how much personality one has?

Page 9 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top